Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
11,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The speedo on my 03 Tahoe had me at 100+mph on Route 110 today. I was going 15mph while stopped at a red light. Tachy was also playing games.
All the other gauges stayed at 12:00 the whole trip… including the fuel gauge.
I found this place online to fix the instrument cluster for $150-220 plus shipping.
Anyone ever use them… or heard of them?

· Registered
2 Posts
This caught my eye because I drive the same Tahoe. I haven't had problems with mine yet, but circuitboardmedics.com has some great reviews on Facebook and an A+ rating with the BBB. I think that purchasing another cluster means buying the same problems all over again. You can't beat the lifetime warranty that they are offering,so I'd say go with them and let us know how it turns out. It looks like they do a lot of them.

· Registered
2,222 Posts
Had the same problem with my GMC Sierra pickup. The stepper motors that controls the needles is shot. This is the company i used. http://www.instrumentclusters.com
$185 plus they pay for shipping both ways.
They redid all the motors and have a lifetime warranty on the motors.
Plus they also replace all the lamps.
ALL the motors failed at the same time?!? I think not.

It is an electrical issue, somewhere in the connection to the cluster, or in the dash. I'd remove the connection to the cluster (and all the other connections behind the dash that you come across), open it up and clean with contact cleaner and then lube with dielectric grease (or even better, DeOxit if you have it), and reassemble.

Another thing that comes to mind is a problem in the clock spring. Do all of the buttons (and horn) on your wheel still work as expected?

· Registered
9,468 Posts
ALL the motors failed at the same time?!? I think not.

It is an electrical issue, somewhere in the connection to the cluster, or in the dash. I'd remove the connection to the cluster (and all the other connections behind the dash that you come across), open it up and clean with contact cleaner and then lube with dielectric grease (or even better, DeOxit if you have it), and reassemble.

Another thing that comes to mind is a problem in the clock spring. Do all of the buttons (and horn) on your wheel still work as expected?
He said they redid the motors, not that they all failed simultaneously. Do not play with the clock spring unless the battery is disconnected , that can lead to a airbag deployment poking around. Yes, I have seen that in shops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.