Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 13-year-old boy was shot 22 times overnight in the West Pullman Neighborhood while he rode his bicycle, according to police.

Robert Freeman, of the 11500 block of South Perry Avenue, died from the wounds.

Freeman was standing next to a car on South Perry at around 8:15 pm on Wednesday when a masked gunman jumped out of an overgrown vacant lot and opened fire into a crowd of people, his mother, Theresa Lumkin, said. Freeman was the only one hit.

"I miss my baby, I'm on my way to morgue right now," Lumkin said. "I've cried since 9:30 last night and I haven't had any sleep. I will not be eating.

"I don't want to bury my baby. My baby is 13 years old. I don't want to do it, but it's something I've got to do."

The Cook County Medical Examiner's office confirmed Freeman was shot more than 20 times.

A witness said the shooter stood over the boy after he fell and continued to shoot him in the chest. His family believes the shooting was a case of mistaken identity.

The teen was expected to begin eighth grade at Oglesby Elementary School this fall. He had been living in the neighborhood for three months and was mowing lawns to make money.

Police have no suspects, but said they've spent the morning interviewing people from the neighborhood.

Community activist Andrew Holmes passed out around 400 fliers this morning seeking answers.

"We don't want to sit and wait until this incident happens again," Holmes said. "We are trying to be proactive and get more into finding what makes these young men tick and pick up a gun, terrorize and take another life."

First Published: Jul 29, 2010 8:51 AM CDT

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Gun-Shots-Kill-Boy-In-West-Pullman-99544129.html#ixzz0v78tusRr

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
WOW 22 shots that allot. To bad no one had a gun to defend that poor boy.

Job well done Mayor Daily you killed another one When do you go on trial .

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
When are we going to be allowed to defend ourselves from this insanity ?  unlike Heir Bloomberg, I don't have 2 armed guards to scurry me around in a bulletproof limo.

·
Registered
6,603 Posts
"We don't want to sit and wait until this incident happens again," Holmes said. "We are trying to be proactive and get more into finding what makes these young men tick and pick up a gun, terrorize and take another life."
I'm sorry, but people in these communities cannot have it both ways, you can't hate the police, stop them from doing their job and then expect them to do their job when they have their hands tied behind their backs. Until they wake up, this crap will continue to happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.