Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went there on Sunday and bought a AK-47 and a bunch of ammo and we BSed for a little while. I went to calverton today and had problems with the gun and called him up and he told me to stop by so he could check it out. As soon as he looked at it he gave me another AK and I was on my way. I am definitely going to do business with him again. He is not a bad guy and he really helped me out.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Tell him you have a Blood Drive poster for the LIF Feb 25th Blood Drive that you want to put up in his store to help the community and save lifes at the same time. If he agrees, I'll send you a poster for you to bring to him.

When I tried, he told me to leave :(

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
The Architect said:
Tell him you have a Blood Drive poster for the LIF Feb 25th Blood Drive that you want to put up in his store to help the community and save lifes at the same time. If he agrees, I'll send you a poster for you to bring to him.

When I tried, he told me to leave :(:(
It's for a good cause. What could go wrong with asking? ;)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Architect said:

I will talk to him tomorrow.

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
BlueBird said:
Chester/John is all about $. If it doesnt make $ for himself he has no concern. He has no care to save a life or two.

Can't wait the time when he's old and needs blood....
I don't think he has blood....he certainly has no heart...and at least the Grinch did!

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
i don't understand why people go to him, there are so many better shops on the island with better prices and much better service. Suffolk sportsman, southshore sportsman and campsite just to name a few.

·
Banned
469 Posts
To swap out a rifle that was having problems seems to me like good customer service.

I've dealt with Chester recently and he was a bit intimidating at first, but once I was ready to make a purchase (instead of looking around about 5 separate visits), he knocked off some $$ on the prices and threw in free ammo. I wish whatever negativity [I don't know what happened (PM me if you wish)] could be wiped clean because gun shops seem to be a dying breed.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Didn't Chester have a fall out with LIF? If so, that's probably why he doesn't want an LIF sponsored blood drive poster in his shop.

Personally, I never had a problem with him, or any gun shop for that matter. The only time I had a gripe with any shop was with a revolver repair. Ended up fixing it myself and I still frequent that shop (but, I'll never give them anything to repair...lol)

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Pate said:
The fall out was because he wouldn't let us post a blood drive poster in his store.
Maybe he doesn't like blood? I dunno.....just saying.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The Architect said:

What was his problem with placing a blood drive poster in his store, is there more to this story or is this just his personality?

·
Banned
469 Posts
I don't think he has anything against donating blood because we were talking about it and he said hes a donor, over 8 gallons donated.  Must be something else, but whatever.  It's in the past.

·
Banned
6,050 Posts
It started at the first LIF street clean up. John/Chester let us use his parking lot and even graciously catered the event. Several of us purchased stuff from his store, but unfortunately, we didn't buy everything in the store. He then got wind that one of our moderators purchased/purchases firearms online, and vowed to continued to do so (the horror!). John/Chester was very upset, and expressed this when Steve went into the store to ask him to display a poster for LIF's first Blood Drive (I know what everyone's thinking...a community of gun enthusiasts who do street cleanups and blood drives? ...what a bunch of dirtbags!) He told Steve that he had heard what our moderator had said, and that, coupled with the (in his view) lack of sales at the street cleanup meant that LIF, its posters, community service, etc, were personae non gratae. Hilarity ensued.

We do however, think that John/Chester's mother is a very nice lady; to our knowledge, she has no beef with LIF.

Eventually, and hopefully, we can all put this in our collective rear view mirrors. Bad blood benefits no one.

I will preemptively request that the potatoes not be mentioned. :)

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
his store has crap everywhere...he prob didnt have 2 sq inches to spare...lol

·
Registered
771 Posts
The Big Ox said:
It started at the first LIF street clean up. John/Chester let us use his parking lot and even graciously catered the event. Several of us purchased stuff from his store, but unfortunately, we didn't buy everything in the store. He then got wind that one of our moderators purchased/purchases firearms online, and vowed to continued to do so (the horror!). John/Chester was very upset, and expressed this when Steve went into the store to ask him to display a poster for LIF's first Blood Drive (I know what everyone's thinking...a community of gun enthusiasts who do street cleanups and blood drives? ...what a bunch of dirtbags!) He told Steve that he had heard what our moderator had said, and that, coupled with the (in his view) lack of sales at the street cleanup meant that LIF, its posters, community service, etc, were personae non gratae. Hilarity ensued.

We do however, think that John/Chester's mother is a very nice lady; to our knowledge, she has no beef with LIF.

Eventually, and hopefully, we can all put this in our collective rear view mirrors. Bad blood benefits no one.

I will preemptively request that the potatoes not be mentioned. :)
I agree about his mother, always very helpful, patient and friendly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.