Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me tell you the place is a junk hole but he has some stuff there, I have bought my Browning O/U, Ruger LCP and have a XD 9MM SC on order he has great prices, talking to I guess his Mom they are now a S&W and Walter dealer. You know I could work in a place like that, even ammo prices are reasonable to good. I wonder if he would give LIF members a discount?
 

·
115:5
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
I don't think he'd give his mother an employee discount. ;D

He's got to the point where there's just too much in there, lots of good stuff to see, you just can't get near it. It's probably best that way, if the stuff was easy to see I'd probably spend a whole lot more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
I go there its up the block from me. I purchased my Benelli from him and some ammo I think his price I fine in par with the rest of the Islands stores. Also I found him to be help full with my questions, plus its nice to help the locale guys out. IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
990 Posts
Went to Cobra airgun to get a old Diana repaired, (didn't realize it was worth more than 1/2 my pistols-LOL) and decided to stop in at Chesters, its basically around the corner, I enjoy having to walk around and see what goodies came be found-a treasure hunt so to speak.  Anyway he seems to be nice guy, even appologized for the price of the primers I bought he had 3 different brand small pistol primers and did give a discount if you spend $50. on anything else. I will go back next time in the area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
xdguy said:
Went to Cobra airgun to get a old Diana repaired, (didn't realize it was worth more than 1/2 my pistols-LOL) and decided to stop in at Chesters, its basically around the corner, I enjoy having to walk around and see what goodies came be found-a treasure hunt so to speak. Anyway he seems to be nice guy, even appologized for the price of the primers I bought he had 3 different brand small pistol primers and did give a discount if you spend $50. on anything else. I will go back next time in the area.
Thats some ride for you to make, glad to hear you liked it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
I was talking to Chester last week and the primer prices came up, well come to find out it’s the distributors who are racking him over coals when it comes to getting primers in, but he pays to keep them in stock and has something to offer his customers, better then having nothing to offer.  
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,268 Posts
Mafia Al said:
I was talking to Chester last week and the primer prices came up, well come to find out it's the distributors who are racking him over coals when it comes to getting primers in, but he pays to keep them in stock and has something to offer his customers, better then having nothing to offer.
Jefe, did you happen to ask how much he is asking for a case of 1k or just one box?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
If I remember right,(may want to double check with Chester's) 7.95 for 100 or 59.95 for 1000 and I believe there is a discount if you purchase over $50. 10%maybe?
 

·
The Sysop
Joined
·
36,800 Posts
Chester's is nice enough to allow LIF to hold a meeting place for the LIF Cleanup, he is also offering food to all volunteers and giving a discount to all who participate that day...

(April 25th, 2010)
 

·
moved to greener pastures
Joined
·
10,857 Posts
The Architect said:
Chester's is nice enough to allow LIF to hold a meeting place for the LIF Cleanup, he is also offering food to all volunteers and giving a discount to all who participate that day...

(April 25th, 2010)
Free parking.
Free food.
And a discount!
NOW yer talking.

Looking forward to my first visit to Chesters on the 25th.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
i've been in the shop 6 times since realizing the place was there. 4 of the times, chester was there unpacking boxes and logging in inventory the entire time, usually yaking with some other guy/guys that are hanging around. he seems like a funny guy and each time made it clear that if i needed any help or wanted to see anything, just ask. he's answered a few questions for me and i like a having a place so close to my house, where i can do a little window shopping or pick up a supply or two without driving 30 miles. i do have a tough time navigating the store some times. its not all his fault, i'm definitely fatter than the average shopper. but there are some sections that an anorexic contortionist couldn't get to.
the other two times i was there, the woman who i've come to find out is his mom was there. she was extremely pleasant and attentive. last time i saw her, there were these two disrespectful punks at the counter having her take down gun after gun to look at, and only one of them was old enough to handle them. the younger one kept trying to hold the guns his friend was looking at and she was doing her best to be polite. i don't think there is a gun store anywhere that would have put up with these two for more than 30 seconds.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top