Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a used 6906 from a local gun dealer in Seattle and wondering if there's anything special I should look for in this pistol. (He's asking $340 [plus tax] which I think is a fair price. Certainly better than gunbroken, where I see them asking anywhere from $350 and up, plus shipping, plus FFL fee, plus sales tax here in WA State.)

Kinda excited to add this to my S&W 39/59 "collection." I now have a 39-2, 3904, 459 and 5906. If I sell a couple of my other guns I might shop for a 59 no dash and complete the sets.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Nice 3rd Gen S&W! I've seen most of the used ones were not shot too much. Very reliable and sturdy guns, you can still get NIB factory mags plus a lot of other factory parts. Good price!

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
you can't really go wrong with the 3td gens.

CNC'd parts are obviously preferable to MIM ones.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have one, they are pretty cool. Lot's & lots of 10 round mags available too. The big safety is a bit much but they we all the rage in the early 90's.
Why are you paying Washington tax??

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one, they are pretty cool. Lot's & lots of 10 round mags available too. The big safety is a bit much but they we all the rage in the early 90's.
Why are you paying Washington tax??
Paying Washington State tax because I live a bit more than half time in Bothell, WA. and buy/own all my pistols here in WA. We moved in Dec. to be closer to the grandkiddies, but still have our house in Riverhead. I'm a WA resident (wife kept NY residency for tax purposes) and have to follow WA rules. They tax you on the purchase price of any FFL transfer. The FFL's can't avoid it, but you'd be amazed how many "bargains" there are on FFL transfers....like my 39-2 for only $225! It's a pain, but I rationalize it by comparing it with trying to get a license in NY, doing the pistol licensing shuffle, and paying sales tax in NY. Private sales are no paperwork, no tax, no nothing. I'd been looking for a private sale of a 6906, had no luck and this one popped up at a local dealer.

·
Registered
11,502 Posts

Paying Washington State tax because I live a bit more than half time in Bothell, WA. and buy/own all my pistols here in WA. We moved in Dec. to be closer to the grandkiddies, but still have our house in Riverhead. I'm a WA resident (wife kept NY residency for tax purposes) and have to follow WA rules. They tax you on the purchase price of any FFL transfer. The FFL's can't avoid it, but you'd be amazed how many "bargains" there are on FFL transfers....like my 39-2 for only $225! It's a pain, but I rationalize it by comparing it with trying to get a license in NY, doing the pistol licensing shuffle, and paying sales tax in NY. Private sales are no paperwork, no tax, no nothing. I'd been looking for a private sale of a 6906, had no luck and this one popped up at a local dealer.
If you really wanted, You may qualify for a part time NY resident status and apply for a Pistol License.
I think the third generation S&W pistols are built very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts