Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
CA means California compliant? What makes it that?

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
CA means California compliant? What makes it that?
From what I understand (been a while since I read up on it), ALL california guns must be approved by the state. When I last read about it, maybe 2010-ish, this meant EVERY single make/model. For example, if the sig p226 classic, equinox and elite are approved and the "navy" model is not, you cannot buy the navy model. The only difference is the finish, but because it was not specifically approved, it cannot be sold in CA. This 1911 is clearly approved for sale in CA. Someone correct me if im wrong. I try to bury and drink away memories such as these...

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Oh so it's not a different gun or anything, it's just up to the whim of the CA gov't?

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
From the GSG website under Barrel:

"California DOJ Approved Non-Threaded"

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
When I ordered a replacement barrel (without threads), they called it a Kalifornia barrel

Reactions: trapshooterbob

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
.22LR HV

High velocity? Is that like +P?

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
I'll take one please. Thank you!

ETA: How many mags come with the gun?
Didn't you just pick up that S&W 22 also? Are you collecting .22's?

Reactions: ChiefSailer

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
I was looking at the Victory because CGT thought they couldn't get the GSG due to the threaded barrel.
totally different pistols.

I recommend owning both types.

-Vick

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts

-Vick
Can I take that as a professional opinion and use it on my wife as justification?

·
Banned
0 Posts

-Vick
I know. I know. I freaking KNOW!!! SMH
I've shot the GSG and loved it. Then I go to Freeport last night and FMJ shows up with his new Victory! I love that too. My wife wants a 22 pistol to learn on. So it looks like I might be buying 3 real soon. Plus I was shown a nice J frame 38 special that I would like for a pocket/ankle carry. I wonder if CGT has a "buy three get one free" program. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Can I take that as a professional opinion and use it on my wife as justification?
I mean when you think about it, I hold a license from the federal government to comment on such matters.

Between that and my distinguished pin I would say I'm qualified, but a subway ride still costs me what it costs you so I'm not super special or anything.

But at the end of the day they are two different animals. If I had to pick one, I'd pick something along the lines of a victory, buckmark, ruger....personally I'm partial to an old high standard and Rone shoots his old colt woodsman better than all the others.

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
I know. I know. I freaking KNOW!!! SMH
I've shot the GSG and loved it. Then I go to Freeport last night and FMJ shows up with his new Victory! I love that too. My wife wants a 22 pistol to learn on. So it looks like I might be buying 3 real soon. Plus I was shown a nice J frame 38 special that I would like for a pocket/ankle carry. I wonder if CGT has a "buy three get one free" program. LOL
22lr guns are a ton of fun to shoot. Can't have too many. Eventually when you part ways with LI, you will be happy you have them for cheap, easy, neighbor-friendly plinking on your property. They also make great guns for inexperienced shooters. My 22 arsenal has grown simply out of my love for getting others to shoot (and I'm not letting my friends with zero shooting experience pop off center fire rounds on my property!).

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Reactions: ChiefSailer
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.