Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove about 4 hours this morning to get myself a PA CCW Permit from Sheriff Denny Nau's office, and it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had. Within 20 minutes of walking in, I filled out the app, they took my picture, ran my background check, and I walked out with a CCW permit that the secretary made me right there. Amazing. New York State is a joke...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I drove about 4 hours this morning to get myself a PA CCW Permit from Sheriff Denny Nau's office, and it was the most pleasant experience I have ever had. Within 20 minutes of walking in, I filled out the app, they took my picture, ran my background check, and I walked out with a CCW permit that the secretary made me right there. Amazing. New York State is a joke...

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Sheriff Nau is the man.

I guess they figure that if we're good enough to have a pistol license in NY, then we're cool in PA also.

·
Registered
38,956 Posts
Sheriff Nau is the man.

I guess they figure that if we're good enough to have a pistol license in NY, then we're cool in PA also.

·
Banned
594 Posts
All done with one trip outstanding.For the cost of gas and tolls and taking a day off from work it just pays to get a non resident Florida or Utah.

·
Banned
594 Posts
All done with one trip outstanding.For the cost of gas and tolls and taking a day off from work it just pays to get a non resident Florida or Utah.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Doing the same trip on Wednesday. Now for the million dollar question,  did you carry there before getting your pa ccw with another reciprocity ccw?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Doing the same trip on Wednesday. Now for the million dollar question,  did you carry there before getting your pa ccw with another reciprocity ccw?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, I only have a Nassau County Target permit. I came with my girlfriend and kind of made it a little vacation thing for the weekend. I honestly thought they were going to mail me the permit in a couple of weeks. I had no idea they were literally going to give it to me right there. If I knew, I would of brought my Glock for the weekend. And no, you cant mail it in anymore apparently. They take your picture there and capture your signature and thats all they need. Then they print and laminate the card right in front of you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, I only have a Nassau County Target permit. I came with my girlfriend and kind of made it a little vacation thing for the weekend. I honestly thought they were going to mail me the permit in a couple of weeks. I had no idea they were literally going to give it to me right there. If I knew, I would of brought my Glock for the weekend. And no, you cant mail it in anymore apparently. They take your picture there and capture your signature and thats all they need. Then they print and laminate the card right in front of you.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
CommackBoy said:
I did it over the mail last year. You can't mail it in anymore?
Unfortuantely no. Something to do with the electronic fingerprinting/signiture capture or something.

Hopefully they have the technology to allow mail ins again soon.

Cheers Morphix, congrats.

Stupid question though, it only took you 4 hours? How? It takes me at least 3 to get to Stroudsburg to my girlfriend's vacation house out there, and center county is like 2 hours further west from there. :-/

If I wasn't putting in for my Florida Permit next month, I would make the trip out there before the summer is over.

How long is the PA LTCF permit good for for non-residents?

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
CommackBoy said:
I did it over the mail last year. You can't mail it in anymore?
Unfortuantely no. Something to do with the electronic fingerprinting/signiture capture or something.

Stupid question though, it only took you 4 hours? How? It takes me at least 3 to get to Stroudsburg to my girlfriend's vacation house out there, and center county is like 2 hours further west from there. :-/

If I wasn't putting in for my Florida Permit next month, I would make the trip out there before the summer is over.

·
Banned
594 Posts
deathsythe said:

Good for five years.Sad that Centre County is the only county in PA to issue a restricted license.Many are just going to get a non resident FL or UT now.

·
Banned
594 Posts
deathsythe said:

Good for five years.Sad that Centre County is the only county in PA to issue a restricted license.Many are just going to get a non resident FL or UT now.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Here's a question for you (and me) because I'll be going for a renewal in a couple of years...

When going for the PA renewal, can you carry? Or will there be an issue with carrying in the police station? I wouldn't want to "leave it in the car"...

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Here's a question for you (and me) because I'll be going for a renewal in a couple of years...

When going for the PA renewal, can you carry? Or will there be an issue with carrying in the police station? I wouldn't want to "leave it in the car"...

·
Banned
594 Posts
CaptainMitchell said:

If you have a non resident PA LTC you may carry concealed.I would call ahead and ask to see if the sheriff would allow you to bring it in unloaded in a locked case since you are traveling and don't feel safe by keeping it in the vehicle.I know that Pike County doesn't allow it.

·
Banned
594 Posts
CaptainMitchell said:

If you have a non resident PA LTC you may carry concealed.I would call ahead and ask to see if the sheriff would allow you to bring it in unloaded in a locked case since you are traveling and don't feel safe by keeping it in the vehicle.I know that Pike County doesn't allow it.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts