Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not squeamish and I like to think I can hold my own most of the time. Ok, that being said, I hate, hate, hate centipedes. Last night I killed one dead and saw 2 others, yikes !
Any tried and true family recipes or secrets for ridding the earth of these things?
Last nigh I was using my 22oz Estwing but there is no long term potential there.
My Plan B is a can of Aquanet and a bic.

· Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,528 Posts
Plan B...always go with Plan B...

Reactions: Huntington Guy

· Still working on a screen name
6,619 Posts
Reactions: Huntington Guy

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
754 Posts
Boric acid and diatomaceous earth around the entire perimeter of your home or foundation, you want them to turn away before they get inside the house so a 4 - 6 inch perimeter of the stuff is worth it. Repeat after heavy rain.

Don't worry about the squeamish part, I screamed like a little girl and got my heart racing in the morning when a centipede found its way up my shower drain. I just happened to be looking down at the drain during the hair rinse cycle. How the f it could get up through the septic system and through a P trap is beyond me! Needless to say, I dumped liquid draino down that drain...

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Check for any leaks or humidity. Once I took care of both issues in my basement, I rarely see them. Also cleaning basement area frequently helps too.
Humidity is fine, bsmt is tight. Everything down there is pretty new too. It has to be the box where the house trap is or coming up through the shower or sink drain...arrggg I hate these things.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Dyson Vacuum will tear the legs off when you suck-em up. The best way to get rid of them is to clean the house as best you can, they are predators and are eating all of the ants/spiders/crickets/roaches in your house.

My SO hated them and would kill them on sight.... she still doesn't know I was letting them live.

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dyson Vacuum will tear the legs off when you suck-em up. The best way to get rid of them is to clean the house as best you can, they are predators and are eating all of the ants/spiders/crickets/roaches in your house.

My SO hated them and would kill them on sight.... she still doesn't know I was letting them live.
I guess they are effective, only thing we ever see is an occasional ant near the front and back doors.
Still, they must die.

· Registered
7,861 Posts
Yeah, that photo didn't help a bit...not a bit.
Last February we were visiting my brother in Maui. Me and him were BBQ'ing one night in his back yard having some beers. I picked up his BBQ cover off the ground to put up on a chair and when I lifted it one of those damn creatures came running out at full tilt right in my direction. They freaking move fast also and I must say it startled me to say the least. I haven't moved that quick in some years trying to get the hell away from the thing.

The Hawaiian islands are well known for their jumbo centipedes, unfortunately I wasn't informed of these creepy crawlies. I'll be more aware picking up stuff outside when I'm there in the future.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.