Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty simple question, who is your cell phone provider and do you have good service?

I'm on the East End here and service is spotty. I'm just trying to see what others have found.

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
Verizon. Generally very good, except inside the house where it doesn't work at all.
It used to grind my gears, but I've come to appreciate not having the phone ring.
I travel the NY metro area a lot and I usually have service.
Can't be of much help to you as far as the east end.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Sprint. Depending on who you have can call the company and have them send someone out to the house to see why theres no service. They can in turn decide to give you a router that lets you make and recieve calls in the home. Outside the home is a different story.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Cricket - have it for 3 months and so far never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I was with verizon for over 8 years. Their prices was getting higher and quality and CS going down so i made the switch to tmobile. Pretty good reception. Some areas outside of NY is spotty though but most places i go to have wifi in the area anyways so i usually connect and i am fine.

·
Lousy Shot
16,177 Posts
I've always had Verizon and I get a strong signal wherever I travel. Although, the hills of Western CT has always been a bit of a dead zone. I have family up there and when I visit the phone gets iffy around New Milford.

I get a 4G signal almost everywhere on LI.

I know a guy at work who just got Freewheel from optimum. It's only $10/mo unlimited but it only works on their wifi network. So you have to be near an optimum hot spot for it to work at all. You might as well look for a phone booth.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I have AT&T (work) and TMO (personal) and they both are about the same. Sometimes one has service when the other doesn't. I lean towards TMobile though as some phones have wifi calling so you can use the phone as normal if you have wifi and no cell service. Major bonus to me.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
Verizon. Great reception everywhere, and I mean everywhere, from Maine to Florida, boonies to canyons of western Pa., 20 miles offshore in the Fla Keys, great reception.
Except in my home.

·
Registered
251 Posts
metropcs the ghetto booty of the cell world. 70 bucks all in tax, title, surcharge, rip off fees, for two lines unlimited voice, data, text. Service is great. I rarely have problems except in my house where it seamlessly switches to wifi calling. On wifi, no problems at all. I also camp at Smiths point and have service as well. Now they have a $30 per month promo, that's a steal. Phones are getting cheaper as well. You can buy an unlocked Moto G for $180 and it is a hell of a phone. I personally would buy a samsung and am about to pull the trigger on a Galaxy Core, $49 after rebate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.