Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Please don't pay for, or take ANY classes until this crap settles and is worked out.
Paying for classes and/or taking them is only conforming to the unconstitutional tyranny, and supporting greedy price gouging people.
My understanding is that NOBODY is "officially" set up to give this class as of today.
There is NO sense of urgency to take this class. Please, let's all wait it out together.
Let's give the courts a chance and see what wrongs they can right.

Also, even if you take the class, and you get your NYS, County approved full carry license, .....
You can't carry most places!
What is the point? You are just giving in, wasting your time and money, and providing validity to this wrongdoing!
Stop it! Stop it now!

There.
I said it.
Probably going to fall on deaf ears, but I had to try.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don’t understand why so many people in a rush to pay and take days off work to take a $400-800 class that may or not be valid and to then apply and wait and have there personal information ones character scrutinized by a desk cop then wait for permission to carry virtual anywhere.
Because they are not thinking it through, and are allowing themselves to be manipulated into compliance by NY State unfortunately.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Btw, I spoke with the Lt. who is the commander of SCPD PLB a few days ago. Pleasant enough conversation. I personally don't think he's an "enemy". Anyway, according to him, one of our options is to keep our Sportsman license almost exactly as is, NO training required, and 5 year renewals. The one major exception is no more stopping on the way to and from the range, because, well, everywhere is a restricted/sensitive place = Class E felony. He said you would have to lock your weapon in your car unloaded/secured lockbox etc. For now anyway. The training, 3 year renewals, social media crap, is all if you want to amend to full carry. I disagreed on principle of course, but for those content with their Sportsman, I thought that was good news.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts