Long Island Shooters Forum banner

CCW permits done via mail

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  ligun 
#1 ·
The following states allow you to apply for a concealed carry permit by mail.New Hampshire,Connecticut,Virginia,Maine,Florida.Pennsylvania is stopping that at the end of the year so if anyone who wants to hunt PA with a handgun apply to Centre County about 2 weeks to get just $26 USD good for 5 years.I believe Maine has reciprocity with Delaware.If you have a Florida or Utah permit and stopped in PA carry a letter from the PA Attorney Generals office that shows the officer you may carry a handgun with permits issued from other states.

#2 ·
The following states allow you to apply for a concealed carry permit by mail.New Hampshire,Connecticut,Virginia,Maine,Florida.Pennsylvania is stopping that at the end of the year so if anyone who wants to hunt PA with a handgun apply to Centre County about 2 weeks to get just $26 USD good for 5 years.I believe Maine has reciprocity with Delaware.If you have a Florida or Utah permit and stopped in PA carry a letter from the PA Attorney Generals office that shows the officer you may carry a handgun with permits issued from other states.

#3 ·
Hunter, this is great information.

I have the PA license, it was a breeze, 2 weeks and it is all yours.

After my Utah class I will apply for the Utah license and will open up even more states.

#4 ·

After my Utah class I will apply for the Utah license and will open up even more states.

#8 ·
IMO Virginia and New Hampshire are a waste of $100 each since you can carry there under one of the others. Florida and PA are good and CT requires you to have to get your NY first, So if you are a new applicant you can apply for FLA and PA concurrently. Education requirement for FLA can be met by the (free) DEC course, which I think Papa Bear is still doing at Campsite.

#7 ·
IMO Virginia and New Hampshire are a waste of $100 each since you can carry there under one of the others. Florida and PA are good and CT requires you to have to get your NY first, So if you are a new applicant you can apply for FLA and PA concurrently. Education requirement for FLA can be met by the (free) DEC course, which I think Papa Bear is still doing at Campsite.

#9 ·
IVFLO said:

Connecticut & Florida requires the NRA Basic or prior military.Utah is the cheapest to renew $10 USD.Florida also recognizes the Utah training and hunters safety now.If you know anyone who has a NY permit get them to apply to Centre County before it ends this year.PA gives Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia.The more the better.I doubt we'll see NY allow reciprocity with any other states.

#10 ·
IVFLO said:

Connecticut & Florida requires the NRA Basic or prior military.Utah is the cheapest to renew $10 USD.Florida also recognizes the Utah training and hunters safety now.If you know anyone who has a NY permit get them to apply to Centre County before it ends this year.PA gives Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia.The more the better.I doubt we'll see NY allow reciprocity with any other states.

#12 ·
Captain Will said:
New Hampshire doesn't allow you to carry unless you are a resident of Florida or PA.

#11 ·
Captain Will said:
New Hampshire doesn't allow you to carry unless you are a resident of Florida or PA.

#16 ·
MOVED

#15 ·
MOVED

#17 ·
Are you required to have NY to get PA?

#18 ·
Are you required to have NY to get PA?

#21 ·
hunter won said:
Florida will take ANY gun safety training from an NRA instructor. It does not have to be an NRA course.

#22 ·
hunter won said:
Florida will take ANY gun safety training from an NRA instructor. It does not have to be an NRA course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.