Long Island Shooters Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't know who that attorney is or why s/he was saying that but it was solely Mr. Antonyuk's change of testimony, which invalidated his standing in the suit. Judge Suddaby was pretty clear about that and about the fact that the CCIA was unconstitutional. he pointed it out, issue by issue, in detail. He wanted to issue the injunction but, without a valid plaintiff, there was no case to be heard.
Gary
When will the new cases, especially the NYSRPA case be heard? It seemed like the Antonyuk case went pretty quickly.

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
I don't know who that attorney is or why s/he was saying that but it was solely Mr. Antonyuk's change of testimony, which invalidated his standing in the suit. Judge Suddaby was pretty clear about that and about the fact that the CCIA was unconstitutional. he pointed it out, issue by issue, in detail. He wanted to issue the injunction but, without a valid plaintiff, there was no case to be heard.
Gary
Gary, the attorney was following the case. It was exactly the reason the Governor had her glorious press conference. She was aware of the case from her legal team. It was a win for the Governor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When will the new cases, especially the NYSRPA case be heard? It seemed like the Antonyuk case went pretty quickly.
Justice takes its time. “Initial Conference set for 11/30/2022 09:00 AM in Albany before Magistrate Judge Christian F. Hummel. Civil Case Management Plan must be filed and Mandatory Disclosures are to be exchanged by the parties on or before 11/23/2022.”

·
SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee
7,051 Posts
Gary, the attorney was following the case. It was exactly the reason the Governor had her glorious press conference. She was aware of the case from her legal team. It was a win for the Governor.
Are you saying that NYS' legal team knew Mr. Antonyuk was going to forfeit his standing, before he testified?
Gary

·
7,051 Posts
I don't know the answer to that. The PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE is the only thing set, so far and that is scheduled for 9am, on 11/30, in Albany, with the initially assigned assigned judge being Christian Hummel (Northern District, NY Federal Court). From that point, the court determines if there is a case to be brought and when it appears on the docket.

Since then, the case has been re-assigned, to Judge Mae D'Agostino. What little I know, about her, is that, on June 23, 2010, Senator Schumer recommended D'Agostino, to fill a vacancy, on the US District Court and Barack Obama nominated her, to the Northern District of New York. The Senate confirmed her nomination, by a vote of 88 ayes to 0 and she received her commission. Those facts suggests she leans far Left but it's going to be hard to get around the clarity of the the Bruen decision.
Gary

·
Aim High
823 Posts
Gary, I think if he was inclined to he could have issued the injunction and then the State would have filed an appeal. It would have put Hochul on the defensive and would have given us more time to answer. I think pressure was put upon the judge to wriggle out of the case. This was an easy out for him. He also saved face with his cronies.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Yes, pro bono literally translates, from Latin, as "for the good," which translates as no attorney's fee to the plaintiff.

My best guess and that's all it is, would be a minimum of $100K, if you wanted to start one, in your name. What you need to do, if you want to become part of the suit, is try to join one of the existing ones, as someone with standing.
Gary
How do I do that.I have been trying to contact this Bellantoni Law group who was mentioned as one of the groups getting a class action suit in place but they are stone deaf to my emails and phone messages.Not one reply to the dozens I have sent.

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
Are you saying that NYS' legal team knew Mr. Antonyuk was going to forfeit his standing, before he testified?
Gary
Gary, GOA had what everyone thought was a solid case. We had a pro 2A judge, everyone thought the decision was coming on the 26th.
Legal experts started to doubt this case was going to be a favorable outcome.
Now we know, the plaintiff wasn’t the right person the GOA selected to use in this case.
The NYS legal team did sense they would score a win. It seems like the fix was in.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
There's little chance with a far left Obama/Shumer connection.
We have NO chance. Most of these democratic judges are activists not constitutional jurists. Does anyone seriously think she's going to go against the liberal legislature and Governor. That's pie in the sky dreaming. We will be waiting ten years till this goes back to the SC and if it's not conservative leaning we'll lose there too.

·
7,051 Posts
Gary, GOA had what everyone thought was a solid case. We had a pro 2A judge, everyone thought the decision was coming on the 26th.
Legal experts started to doubt this case was going to be a favorable outcome.
Now we know, the plaintiff wasn’t the right person the GOA selected to use in this case.
The NYS legal team did sense they would score a win. It seems like the fix was in.
It would appear that someone knew the fix was in. Why it happened is what I'd like to know. Did we get a plant, from the beginning or was Mr. Antonyuk bought/scared off?
Gary

·
Registered
12,287 Posts
It would appear that someone knew the fix was in. Why it happened is what I'd like to know. Did we get a plant, from the beginning or was Mr. Antonyuk bought/scared off?
Gary
Gary, we have other legal challenges coming in. I think we will see New York start removing portions of the CCIA. A few legal experts feel the social media part will be the main component the state will remove as many counties are complaining to the state they can not research 3 years of social media content for applicants.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
We have NO chance. Most of these democratic judges are activists not constitutional jurists. Does anyone seriously think she's going to go against the liberal legislature and Governor. That's pie in the sky dreaming. We will be waiting ten years till this goes back to the SC and if it's not conservative leaning we'll lose there too.
I disagree. While the judges may be far left leaning unlike politicians they still have to follow the Supreme Court ruling. The Bruen decision is clear on the Constitutionality of carry outside the home, restrictions on sensitive places (narrowly tailored) and scrutiny required in creating new laws (text, history and tradition) with the history and tradition being 1791 to 1868.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts