Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be raffling off a new CB for members who are interested in playing the game. Cost? ZERO!

Stay tuned!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:)

We need to get more CB members in LIF!

Everyone tell someone!

BTW: Im all live in my truck now.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Steve: if you don't mine me asking ?how much was your antenna? i new a new one as mine fell off my truck and broke.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PaPaBear said:
Steve: if you don't mine me asking ?how much was your antenna? i new a new one as mine fell off my truck and broke.
$40 Wilson Antenna - Little Wil
3foot

G

·
The Architect said:
$40 Wilson Antenna - Little Wil
3foot
K40's Trucker CB antenna is a well built center loaded antenna that's guaranteed to outperform any similar CB antenna. In recent testing by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, the K40 Trucker Antenna outperformed the Wilson 2000 in gain, VSWR and bandwidth on all 40 channels. Testing was performed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology- the same agency whose U.S. Atomic Clock is the world standard for all computer clocks and the Global Positioning System. Materials and workmanship are guaranteed for a full five years from date of purchase. Any part that fails to perform satisfactorily within that period will be replaced absolutely free with proof-of-purchase.

A few bucks more nothing crazy but I would go with a K40,

Remember more metal the better, so when placing antenna make sure its connected to all metal

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
noarguy -"A few bucks more nothing crazy but I would go with a K40,"
who sell's the K40 thats the one i used when i drove trucks

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote name='']

K40's Trucker CB antenna is a well built center loaded antenna that's guaranteed to outperform any similar CB antenna. In recent testing by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, the K40 Trucker Antenna outperformed the Wilson 2000 in gain, VSWR and bandwidth on all 40 channels. Testing was performed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology- the same agency whose U.S. Atomic Clock is the world standard for all computer clocks and the Global Positioning System. Materials and workmanship are guaranteed for a full five years from date of purchase. Any part that fails to perform satisfactorily within that period will be replaced absolutely free with proof-of-purchase.

A few bucks more nothing crazy but I would go with a K40,

Remember more metal the better, so when placing antenna make sure its connected to all metal

[/quote]

I did look at the other option (K40) but its a MUCH larger whip. Also, we're traveling on CB channels, its matters the radio. All these antennas are rated at 100-400 watts. From what I was told from the guy, its all about tuning the antenna.

In the size I was looking for, its either the K30 or the Wilson Little

I dunno Im learning myself.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
I'm so in....  Been wanting one for some time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.