Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any good CB Radio installers in Long Island who can do an installation & antenna tuning? Or do I have to go out of state(NJ, etc.) to find a good shop. I want to install a Uniden PC68 Elite my Toyota Tacoma.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
LP Electornics in Holstville.

1031 Waverly Avenue, Holtsville, NY 11742-1101
(631) 447-1487

Tell them you heard it from here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What is the best car installed CB out there? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
cbs all put out 4 watts of power legally so they are all the same power wise what matters is what options your looking for in a radio. The CB is only as good as the antenna and tuning. I had a CB in my last truck cheap $50 one it was installed and peak and tuned by a pro cb installer from texas and I was talking from queens to a trucker in PA  

·
Registered
414 Posts
K Williams said:
Are there any good CB Radio installers in Long Island who can do an installation & antenna tuning? Or do I have to go out of state(NJ, etc.) to find a good shop. I want to install a Uniden PC68 Elite my Toyota Tacoma.
What do you think of the Uniden Bearcat 880?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Im running a Wilson 5000.
Channel 22 call # 389

·
Flashburn Studio/Bullseye Brassware
724 Posts
I always thought this would be fun. Any good places in Nassau that do installations? I assume the vehicle mounted ones are better than portable?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Architect said:

(631) 447-1487

Sorry for the really late reply. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The Architect said:

(631) 447-1487

Thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I took the CB out of my old truck and I am looking to get it placed in the new one I am thinking of going with a bumper antenna
papabear

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
PaPaBear said:
I took the CB out of my old truck and I am looking to get it placed in the new one I am thinking of going with a bumper antenna
papabear
you still have that wilson antenna?

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
The Architect said:
you still have that wilson antenna?
yes it works but when I get the CB installed in the new truck i don't want to just trow this one in I want it done nicely I was think of going with a bumper antenna I just have to see what they cost
papabear

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
PaPaBear said:
yes it works but when I get the CB installed in the new truck i don't want to just trow this one in I want it done nicely I was think of going with a bumper antenna I just have to see what they cost
papabear
Cool! If and when your done with it, I have someone else that wants to use it.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
ok I'll let you know how things work out
papabear

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
By far the best CB antenna is the Radio Shack 102" stainless whip, it is a full quarter wave on CB freqs. Most will remember that antenna from the 70's usually mounted on the bumper with a tennis ball and a spring. Beyond that any of the other fiberglass or loaded whips are a compromise. K40 was and is still a great antenna for the mobile. Whatever you do, do it better than a magnet mount. The more ground plane you have the better the antenna will perform, therefore it must have a good ground. A good installer or tech will know this. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.