Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's interested in a Group Buy for either:

Midland: 75-822 (around $85 shipped to your door)
or
Midland: 5001z (around $55 shipped to your door)

THIS IS A GROUP BUY QUESTION NOT AN ACTUAL GROUP BUY. IM LOOKING FOR INTEREST.

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
I am game. Maybe later, we could also look into a HAM group buy not to get OT.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Since this is an open discussion...I would be interested in something with an external reciever!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vertiviper said:
Since this is an open discussion...I would be interested in something with an external reciever!
Give me an example of a model, Ill see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I would be in for the Midland 75-822

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We're at a dead heat, need to give it time.

I LOVE Galaxy's. Dunno if people want to spend the $$ on it.

Lets keep this going, I will be in contact with a someone tomorrow for a group buy with options.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Dug out my old hand held CB. Can't seem to get any reception on it. seems to operate OK but haven't heard any "traffic" at all. Would be interested in a new one for my truck. Any progress on the group buy? Also looking for installation.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Lookin forward to hearing what comes of this!  :)

·
III%
1,508 Posts
The Cobra 148 GTL is very popular. There built strong enough to handle being peaked. I own on thats been modded and enjoyed it till I got rid of my truck, now it just sits in my closet.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LoneWolfNY said:
The Cobra 148 GTL is very popular. There built strong enough to handle being peaked. I own on thats been modded and enjoyed it till I got rid of my truck, now it just sits in my closet.
Well now, dust that baby off and what's ya 20!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VietVet said:
Dug out my old hand held CB. Can't seem to get any reception on it. seems to operate OK but haven't heard any "traffic" at all. Would be interested in a new one for my truck. Any progress on the group buy? Also looking for installation.
Im workin' on it (group buy). Im certain we call can jump in and help, but I know LP Electronics does installs too..

·
Registered
50 Posts
why dont you guys just get verizon push to talk for $5.00 bucks a month extra on your phone bill or direct connect (nextel) and give one another your contact number and have unlimted range and no static, or range limit like you would on a AM cb radio frequency. just a thought. but I guess on the other hand it would be an extra bill per month, which really nobody needs.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then we cant hear each other :)

Only one at a time... PS Im on Nextel ;)

·
Registered
607 Posts
As far as the reason for getting a CB radio, besides it's fun, if there is a real emergency (such as SHTF), probably one of the first things to go down will be cell phone communications.  The only way to get information and communication will be either HAM radio or CB radio.  Although the FCC is making a HAM radio license easier to get, it is still a process that some don't want to go through.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are finalizing this up shortly.  We will have wholesale pricing on many products.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Almost finalized.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Before you buy anything or place an order, Pm me with what you want and I'll see what I can do.
CB is not something we usually do but I have manufacturer direct accounts with several suppliers
including Midland.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.