Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a bad experience with a River City Gun in IN - seems they charge you for everything and then a few days later I get a invoice from Fedex stating I have a bill - basically charged me $60 for overnight FFL and then sent it COD - when purchasing online ensure that your package has its shipping paid.

Also be careful on Gun Broker, seems to happen often from what I hear.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope - answering machine went from a stores to a generic "please leave a message after the tone" and no answer from anyone - charged my purchase back and waiting on a responce from the credit card company - best case scenario I get a free gun, worst case I lost a few buck but learnt a valuable lesson! :)

·
Puppy Training
1,381 Posts
Were you charged for shipping twice?    Every ad I've seen on gunbroker and other online gun sales say's "buyer to pay shipping" I've bought more than a few guns online and each transaction was flawless. I wouldn't use a dealer with only a few or negative feedbacks. But all in all I've never had a problem.

·
Registered
299 Posts
gunbroker has a lot of G19s for sale, I assume I would be safe purchasing a "California" model, but I do not see any with the Integrated Locking System (ILS), which I really want.  I also see 9MM ammo for a reasonable price, if $225 for 500rds is "reasonable".  I was hoping I could buy my items there and have them shipped to an FFL.

·
Banned
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
foxfire said:
Were you charged for shipping twice? Every ad I've seen on gunbroker and other online gun sales say's "buyer to pay shipping" I've bought more than a few guns online and each transaction was flawless. I wouldn't use a dealer with only a few or negative feedbacks. But all in all I've never had a problem.
yes - they charged me for shipping and then a few days later South Shore Sportsman gets a invoice from Fedex for the shipping charges (COD or so) it seems with fedex you can give them a package or drop it in the box and if nothing is filled in regarding payment they bill the receiver / sender. what a joke.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have bought 2 guns and plenty of ammo on gunbroker. never had a problem. look at feedback to be sure they are well rated. with regard to the post from Johnson, about 9mm ammo. i just bought 1000 rounds for $279.00 plus 10.00 shipping and got it in 4 days. ammo can come directly to you. no ffl required.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've bought form gunbroker.com before.
And yes, while all the "auctions" say, buyer pays shipping.. yadayada.

Everyone of the ones I bought from charged me upfront for the shipping costs (fair enough), so it was in my total payment to them, and then they shipped - but not collect.

I had one problem with 1 can of ammo, and that seller did the right thing. Open another can, inspected it, sent it to me, and I sent the bad can back.
Stuff happens, and as long as everyone does their part when it does, I'm ok with it.

But that was just pure garbage what that particular seller did to you... Sorry to hear it.

From the CMP forum, I've read stories of auctions for "original GI" parts, that the top collectors seemed to easily spot as not being. And as the stories go (I followed one as it happened), they report it to GB, and get the auction verbage changed.

Overall, I have to agree, two phrases that I've heard time and time again, and seem to apply to any auction;
"caveat emptor" , and "buy the gun - not the story".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.