Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it,... with yesterday's freezing temps, and the dribble of rain we got, it seems everything outside by me is ice covered. As I Type this I'm hearing addition sirens going off.

EVERYONE BE CAREFUL DRIVING

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yikes!! Ive been up for hours but haven't been outside yet. That's all they are talking about on the news this am.
Thanks for the heads up. Gonna go check it out

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully the heavier rain will clear it up soon. I feel bad I didn't post it earlier, but my dog(normally bouncing off the walls around 5AM) decided to sleep in(this alone should have been a heads up warning!) so I never went outside until after 8AM, when I took him out.

·
Member of the secret Canadian Mafia
5,785 Posts
Truth! I was supposed to be released from the hospital this morning but my doctor rolled his car 5 times breaking his back at the base of St. Catherine's!

Be careful out there!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
I was out east bow hunting this am... between the shotgun blasts and all the sirens, I thought we were being invaded. Then I spun out in my truck, and realized the roads were iced... they suck in the Middle Island / Coram area.

·
Pistol Expert
792 Posts
There were wrecks on every overpass from the Kosciusko to the Cross Island this morning. So many unskilled motorist sharing the roads and unaware that bridges freeze before roadways. Use caution and be aware of clueless operators.

·
Registered
11,581 Posts
I was driving this morning from Wantagh to Huntington, roads definitely slippery. Many people exceeding the speed limit which is probably the cause for most of the accidents.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
The ice is gone and since the ground is frozen I have more water in my yard than I have ever had before. Forecast says rain until midnight and temps above freezing until tomorrow night. I hope that this water drains tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts