Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Canterbury Ales yesterday and received the horrible news via a sign on a door.

This was my ABSOLUTE favorite place to eat. They had my favorite wings and burgers which happen to be my 2 favorite foods PLUS we were planning to have our rehearsal dinner there next year.

We stood there in shock, heartbroken. I cant believe I'm this upset about a resturant closing but I feel like their food and staff just cant be duplicated.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
I never figured out who Billy thought his demographic was, the folks who like to eat on a budget are at Thai USA or MSB and the guys with fat wallets are at Prime or Honu or Besito.

There are a lot of beers, but really who needs that many choices? And there are a lot more in the OB branch (where you can still get your Fish 'n Chips or Shepherd's Pie)

Sad to see them close too but it's hardly unexpected?

Huntington Village is rife with restaurants, I have often wondered how many of them stay open. The Irish pub around the corner is pretty good, and Finley's always had potential but since Doc's passing and the fish-flip-flop I would not wager on it, is TJ still running it?

At least one good thing can be said, they can't open another frigging bank there.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
For a pub type restaurant, Sapsuckers is worth a visit.
I think most of their food is above average for a pub, and sometimes is downright excellent.
Beer menu is also excellent, and changes regularly.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Im gonna miss it too. It was always worth the 40 minute ride.

Afaik, the Oyster Bay one did NOT have the same owner.

Update: from the Oyster bay website.

OF NOTE:
Canterbury's Oyster Bar & Grill of OYSTER BAY , formerly named Canterbury Ales---our original name and still referred to that way by many, is independently owned and operated and NOT affiliated with Canterbury Ales of Huntington. (They were 25 years ago).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts