Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the SCOTUS rule with in the last year or so that criminals that have been convicted or are awaiting trail can sell there guns not used in a crime to a dealer or other induvial that can pass a firearms check.

·
Registered
457 Posts
How could someone be waiting trial be convicted in the first place? But seriously, if someone is awaiting trial for a crime, all his/her guns would've been taken away already.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I understand. If the guns are conversated and inlock up can they be sold legally
I'm not 100% sure about what you're asking but I 'll take a stab at it...
I assume you're asking about someone that has been arrested awaiting trial (not gun related) and his guns were confiscated by the police... Can that person sell his guns while the police are holding them? Is that what your asking?

He would need to hire an FFL (some provide the service) to retrieve his guns from police property dept. The FFL can then sell his guns for him.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not 100% sure about what you're asking but I 'll take a stab at it...
I assume you're asking about someone that has been arrested awaiting trial (not gun related) and his guns were confiscated by the police... Can that person sell his guns while the police are holding them? Is that what your asking?

He would need to hire an FFL (some provide the service) to retrieve his guns from police property dept. The FFL can then sell his guns for him.
Yes. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank You very much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts