Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the clocks set back I had an extra hour to buy something rifle related. I found a Leupold scope on the internet from Sports Auth. I went to Camesite to see if they had the same one and what the price was. I got the the store and was the second person helped. I showed him my hand written paper with the the type and price from the internet. I made it very clear that I knew he could be beat it, but hey how close. He came with in $20 my price. DONE!! as good measure I need a good bore sight so I just bought that for face value. Maybe a little more then the bigger stores or internet but they have to make money too! Please go to our local stores before buying. The worste they can say is no. I am married so I am use to that ;D. Now I have a Nikon Monarch and a Leupold. Soon I will be going to the range and compare. Feed back to come.
BUY LOCAL IF YOU CAN. These people are our neighbors!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I visit Campsite often and while I love to shoot the breeze and window shop alot, I always walk out with something. A box of ammo, some cleaning supplies, whatever it is I like to support them any way I can. They're a great bunch of guys and the store is an asset to the shooting community here on the island.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The last transfer I did at Campsite, the guys were so excited for me about my new pistol that they forgot to charge me the transfer fee! I had to remind them to please take my money. But it shows you that they are good and genuine people. They were truly happy for me and not just purely trying to make a sale. I love those guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The guys are Campsite are top notch and very professional. I have had the best experience at Campsite compared to other sport shops on LI. Shawn does a great service to the LI firearms community by shooting the LIC (IPSC) and introducing new shooters to the sport.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Doug is a bad man....he helps you make your wallet lighter before leaving the store.  :)

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
Been to Campsite 3 times now,a year ago,this past July and today.All 3 times I stood at the pistol counter for 5 minutes  or so while employees shot the breeze and not once did anyone ever ask me if I needed help,said be with you in a minute or anything but an odd look.I understand if your with a customer but at least say something.Today it was empty,the counter was covered with shotguns while I tried to look around them to see what the had.One employee walked past 4-5ntimes with not a word or look.The other was speaking to someone about a AK who could'nt have.My wife walked around the store and was greeted with a "Hello, do you need any" help.Guess I was'nt their type :). It's a pain to get there for me and they made it easy by making me not want to ever go there again.I've been told by many for 1911's they are the place to go,I guess not for me.Make me realize why I frequent the shops I do,you know who you are  ;)

·
"Huntington Yuppie"
987 Posts
^really that's strange. I had bought knives from them several times in the past and recently started getting back into shooting and check all the stores with in about half a hour drive from me (Huntington) I went into the store and was always helped right away unless its a busy day but never waited more then 10 or so minutes.. But you option and experience will vary person to person. I heard grate things about SSS and when I walked into the store looking to for a gun it was in-stock and priced less other guns at the time, The person at SSS talked to me like I was a idiot to the point where i walked out ready to hurt him. Went to TNT and had better service but still was undecided on what to buy.  Back to Campite told the person who asked me what I was helping me what I was looking for. Grab it and 3 similar guns and walked me through the pros and cons. I went back there later on the day and bought a S&W M&P 15 loved it and I return the them for all my ammo and other shooting supplies also planing to buy a shot gun from them with in a week from now and also thinking about a target 22 and I will be going back to campsite for all of them because of the service I get there.

·
Banned
6,303 Posts
vinmoto23 said:
^really that's strange. I had bought knives from them several times in the past and recently started getting back into shooting and check all the stores with in about half a hour drive from me (Huntington) I went into the store and was always helped right away unless its a busy day but never waited more then 10 or so minutes.. But you option and experience will vary person to person. I heard grate things about SSS and when I walked into the store looking to for a gun it was in-stock and priced less other guns at the time, The person at SSS talked to me like I was a idiot to the point where i walked out ready to hurt him. Went to TNT and had better service but still was undecided on what to buy. Back to Campite told the person who asked me what I was helping me what I was looking for. Grab it and 3 similar guns and walked me through the pros and cons. I went back there later on the day and bought a S&W M&P 15 loved it and I return the them for all my ammo and other shooting supplies also planing to buy a shot gun from them with in a week from now and also thinking about a target 22 and I will be going back to campsite for all of them because of the service I get there.
I think they liked my wife more than me ;D
Plus I did'nt think their 1911 selection and prices were that great

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Well, that's what can be summed up as "no store is 100% all the time"!  I had an experience at SSS half a year ago that made me not want to go back unless absolutely necessary when most others would swear on their lives on that store.  I've had pretty good experience with Clolliseum Gun trade on three separate occasions when, say, half of the members here would kick sand on that store.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
ligun said:
Campsite does have a habit of being selective in who they serve and ignore you even when you are desperately trying to make eye contact.
Curiously, do you have any idea as to what is their selection standards?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Artburg, There are times, depending on who's behind the counter, when you have to speak up there. I know that Jonathan and Doug always ask.
Your comment about not having a large selection of 1911s interests me. They have over 30 1911s on display in their showcases. That's more than I've seen at other stores. Maybe you missed them because they didn't give you the service that you expected.

Please let me know which other store has more, because I'd like to check them out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.