Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would point out another great experience at Campsite.  Yesterday my wife and I went look at a possible purchase for her but made it clear that we were not close to buying anything.  Though Paul knew he was not making a pistol sale yesterday to us, he spent a lot of time showing us every possible pistol that my wife might like.  He is such a pleasure to deal with . . . . and Campsite's prices are very competitive.  Whether you are looking to buy your first pistol or your 50th, I would certainly go see Paul at Campsite, especially if you live in Suffolk or near Huntington.  

·
Sharp Shooter!
365 Posts
+1 on the great experience from camp site spent quite some time with me going over my options for my ar and also a safe will be purchasing from there again.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yea, I bout my double barrel there last week. great group of guys. never a bad transaction or experience

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
the folks at campsite are the best period. good people. good service.

doug could sell ice to eskimos.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I have to agree ! Paul was great helping me out when I picked up my new S&W MP15 last month. Really took his time and didn't make you feel like he wanted to move onto the 'next guy' who might be a sure sale - even with my 5 year old son tugging at me that he was bored and wanted to leave ! lol

That kind of treatment is what made me go back to them the next day and pick it up, and the fact that there about 3 miles away from me is a definite plus ;D for me , maybe not so much for my minister of finance ( aka wife ) though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've just signed up, been living out of state for a while and developed my interest in guns away from Long Island so I'm unfamiliar with the local stores.

I want to purchase a Springfield M1A, can get it online for about $180 cheaper than Campsite would sell it to me (all fees and taxes taken into account).

Is Campsites local support worth the extra money? What do they offer to their customers that I won't get from buying online?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
it is worth it for the campsite they all ways have the time for new shooters and the experience shooter I think it would benefit you to go to the campsite
papabear

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
+1 ........... I give Campsite most of my business ......
The crew there goes above and beyond just selling you items.
They will help you in any way they can ..........
My $.02

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do they negotiate on prices at all, or give discounts for paying in cash or throw in extra items or do gun smithing (trigger job or what have you), or anything tangible at all like that?

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
JD20 said:
Do they negotiate on prices at all, or give discounts for paying in cash or throw in extra items or do gun smithing (trigger job or what have you), or anything tangible at all like that?
They treat thier customers right.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Some item will have a cash or layaway price.  Or at least they did.

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
JD20 said:
I've just signed up, been living out of state for a while and developed my interest in guns away from Long Island so I'm unfamiliar with the local stores.

I want to purchase a Springfield M1A, can get it online for about $180 cheaper than Campsite would sell it to me (all fees and taxes taken into account).

Is Campsites local support worth the extra money? What do they offer to their customers that I won't get from buying online?

Thanks!
Just remember, shipping may be$35 and a FFL receiving a pistol is $45. Camp site is happy to accept Gun Genies transactions. Look at their prices,Campsite is always the lowest.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
JD20 said:
my parents bought a Barrett 50 and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
JD20 said:
They take care of their good customers in lots of different ways, I could give many examples but I wouldn't want to put anyone at the store on the spot. They've worked with me on price before but honestly I don't hassle them too much because they are almost always either competitive or the best price I can find. Price a firearm with them through Davidsons gallery of guns, they will ALWAYS be the lowest local price just to give one example. Sure if you go online you can save a few bucks (and I've done that myself when they couldn't get something I wanted) but when they're close I'd always rather give campsite my money. Even when I do need to just use them for a transfer, whats great about the guys at campsite is that there's no attitude or weird looks because I didn't buy it from them. They've always been as interested in seeing what comes out of that UPS box as I have been! When you are on your way to the range and realize you don't have something you need is Buds Gun Shop going to be able to help you? I've had that happen to me and was able to pop into campsite and get what I needed because they are local. That's worth something to me.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have been buying from them for a lot of years and have found they usually give me a good price up front.

JD20 said:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.