Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very informative staff. Showed me many items on their used gun list and steered me away from what could have been several costly mistakes. Neither pushy nor lookin to upsell. I was given a education on AR15 and selected the ideal one (though the most expensive). Isn't always that way? It is easy to see why this was my first visit wont be my last to Campsite. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Camp site staff are excellent and very professional. I try to give them as much business as I can as they earned my respect.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Those guys are stand up gentlemen! Even if i'm not in the market for something at the moment I always like to stop in and get a non-threatening education.  8)

·
Registered
9,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was looking at used Colt or Bushmaster AR but the Daniel Defense M4 has my attention now. Features are by the time I finish adding on to Colt or Bushmaster end up same price point. Need to save save save now.  Impressive used gun list. Makes it alot easier to browse ahead of time and they will email the list monthly.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The staff at Campsite exemplify the positive customer experience in today's gun shops / outfitters.
While I have dealt primarily with Shawn and Doug (who are both outstanding persons to speak to and to deal with), each staff member I have encountered @ Campsite (whether in store or on the phone) has been professional, courteous, and approachable. From their Range Day event in July (I heard about the event on WBAB), where their staff provided patient and professional guidance and instruction ( I brought both of my sons, 13 and 15, new shooters) in a safe and comfortable environment, to every dealing I have had since (and I have purchased 2 rifles and a shotgun since), they have individually and collectively fostered a comfort level and trust based upon what I see as fair dealing, and an appreciation for a reasonable customer and the hard earned money they choose to bring to spend @ Campsite. I've visited many of the other shops / dealers in Suffolk, and made some purchases in these shops, too. Many of these other shops are located closer to where I live than Campsite, but when you've had positive experiences, these tend to keep bringing you back again. I have brought my sons into the shop with me, and their questions were answered with the same courteous and informative manner as any customer in the shop. This goes a long way in this consumers mind...

Campsite Sports - they most definitely "Get It" - and I do appreciate that.

Be Safe, Shoot Well, Have Fun.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I'm with in walking distance of one gun shop but i all ways take the drive up to the camp site to see Jon, Doug or Shawn there all ways help full and know what i like
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have to echo what everyone else has said here. Any time I go into Campsite I'm greeted by my first name and just asked how things are going. Jonathon, Jon, Shawn and Doug are all a pleasure to deal with both before and after the sale. They get all my business and I'd continue to go to them even if they cost more which they rarely do.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
peteinsuffolk  Yes i do

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
All but good news.. Thats really good to hear.

Now, all you Campsite lovers.

1. There's a giveaway going on for a $50 gift card to CAMP-SITE! Check the giveaway area for details!
2. We will be giving away a $50 gift card at our Official Meetup this weekend!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been searching for a Badger Ordnance tactical latch for about a month now, and I located one at Campsite Sport Shop this past Saturday.

I called before I arrived and spoke with a sales rep. who immediately noticed me and asked if I was the individual that called regarding the tactical latch. Once at the register, I received detailed instructions on how to install the latch and what size of "pin punch" I should use. They also offered to install the latch for me on the spot. Not to mention they seem to have a pretty nice selection of firearms.

This will be my go to place from now on, hands down. A+ service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.