Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
Joined
·
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of driving by it, thinking it was a camping and fishing store, I made it in to Campsite last weekend, due 90% to the positive postings I've read here. The other 10% came from northforksportsman - Thanks - you were right.
Well, you all couldn't have been more correct.
For those of you who have been, none of this is news. For those who have not, here is what I found.
I took a friend who has been looking for a new slim 9, but until he can hold a Rohrbaugh, he's pounding the pavement. That aside...
It is a fishing, camping store, but has about 25% of the space devoted to firearms.
Not huge but nicely varied inventory and many high quality pieces.
I'm not sure who I dealt with behind the counter, but they were more than you could ask for in terms of working with a potential customer. Knowledgeable, helpful and patient.
The one thing I very much appreciated is that there was never any pressure or 'gun store' attitude.
Having been in retail some years ago I was impressed by the entire operation. Clean, tidy, no resident COB (cranky old bastard) behind the counter, diverse inventory with quite a number of high end pieces available.
The whole thing was professional and friendly.
If you haven't been, you should.
A very pleasant surprise.
As I said, I haven't made a purchase there YET, but from what I saw and what I read from folks on this forum, I'm a believer and I'll definitely include them in my shopping group.
Thanks to the folks that did post reviews and experiences. They got me to discover a gem right here on the island.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,890 Posts
David Li said:
They are a great crew. I've been going there for years. I've never even made it to the back of the store past the firearms. LOL!
There's more to the store??? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Never realized they had a fishing and camping section.. ;) I just sprint straight to the firearms counter....great crew and really great prices... ;)

Your right about the selection being not quite as big, but they order just about anything you want, I usually head there last, because I know they will give me a great price.

Anybody see the new trophy display they have setup....very nice, almost thought I was at cabela's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Dazzo said:
Never realized they had a fishing and camping section.. ;) I just sprint straight to the firearms counter....great crew and really great prices... ;)

Your right about the selection being not quite as big, but they order just about anything you want, I usually head there last, because I know they will give me a great price.

Anybody see the new trophy display they have setup....very nice, almost thought I was at cabela's...
Always a pleasure to stop into Campsite. The staff is always friendly and professional. Here's a picture of their new display:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,497 Posts
They also do workwear hunting clothes, but unfortunately the resident tailor, Angelo,  recently passed away. Great guys over there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,814 Posts
You definetly cant go wrong with campsite, great bunch of guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,372 Posts
Campsite is usually my first stop when shopping and almost always wind up buying there.
They are also part of the Gun Genie program and they are always the cheapest-sometimes by
just a couple of bucks, sometimes by a lot. I just made a purchase from them last week and
am anxiously waiting delivery.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,963 Posts
The fishing section was manned for a time by Crazy Alberto, who is this national level independently wealthy Long Island based fishing guru. The kind of guy that catches several 40-50lb stripers from the surf EACH YEAR! And who is willing to share what he knows. Very good people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,551 Posts
I have to agree, Campsite has always been the best place. I have purchased seveal long guns (including my AR), They just started carrying NY compliant AK47s. They have reloading supplies, ammo cans, camping stuff. Everyone is always cool and it is family friendly. My son loves going in and looking at all the taxidermy and fishing supplies.

Just a well rounded operation. I will continue to patronize the place becasue they are an all round great shop.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top