Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., who is doing what this camping season?

My wife was on-line a few months ago and when I asked her what she was doing she said "booking a camp site." When I asked what date she said "starting on June 23rd." She works for the school district and I thought that was a little early in June so I asked her "when is your last day of school?". Her reply was "June 23rd". I guess someone is anxious to go camping.

Anyway, for the most part it will be local camping for us (Smith's Point) and one trip to PA with my daughter and some of the grandkids.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I spent a few days of the first week of May camping..rained 3 out of 4 days and reminded me why I don't plan camping trips anymore

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent a few days of the first week of May camping..rained 3 out of 4 days and reminded me why I don't plan camping trips anymore
We had a trip planned in April hoping the weather was going to be nice but as it got closer to the date we ended up canceling it. The end of June will be the start of the season for us and my wife (off from work for the Summer) has us out somewhere every other week. We've been pretty fortunate the last few years with only a handful of days where we were stuck in the TT due to bad weather. Hoping for the same this year.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I booked a cabin at Margaret Mills Norrie park in Poughkeepsie in a few weeks. We got a 6 person cabin with a view of the Hudson River for a few days.

over Labor Day weekend I booked a cabin campsite in PA, near the Lake Wallenpaupack area. Gonna scope out the area since I plan to buy a summer home out there next year

·
Registered
985 Posts
We start next week at Cedar Beach Marina Campground. It looks like my wife booked around 6 weeks in total between Cedar Beach and Greenport.

We haven't been leaving the island for a few years now. We just enjoy getting away from the house and spending time outdoors. Which is another way of saying that we're done "roughing it". And for us, "roughing it" means no sewer hookup and lousy wifi.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We started in April for 4 days at Indian Island then again for 4 more days with the camping club in may. We did the Kick Off at Cathedral Pines 2 weeks ago. Next week we are at Smiths Point for a Week then on July we are at Branches of Niagara for a what else a trip to Niagara Falls and Canada.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lake George RV Park in July, top notch facilities.
This was actually the very first campground we stayed at (rented a class C for a long weekend) that got my wife hooked on camping. Very nice area to go camping.

Reactions: LarryD23

·
Registered
985 Posts
I purchased my first trailer in 1981 and now on my 6th. I lost track of how many times we camped at Lake George RV Park.
Tent >>> Popup >>> 25' TT >>> 36' TT

Not that much different from starting with a Crosman pellet gun and moving up to a .50 BMG.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Camped in Fahnestock State Park Memorial day weekend. Great hiking, fishing, kayaking.

Anybody up near Lake George in July and want to shoot or grab a brew, give me a shout. Your welcome as my guest at Dunham Bay Fish & Game range.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts