Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The camping season is almost over (one more trip to PA planned for next month) but we have a great summer of weather and spent 28 nights out and covered a little more than 1,400 miles.

The farthest trip was to Lake Gaston, NC. We stayed at Camp World where the sites were small (took every leveling block I had to get the trailer level) but fun on the lake made up for it. The main attraction in the area is the lake with boating, fishing, jet skis and other water activities abundant.

Most of our time camping was spent at my wife's favorite place, Smith's Point Park. It's close and the proximity to the beach makes it an ideal spot for the grandkids...

We also spend a few days at Eastern Long Island campground. It was our first time there, my daughter and son-in-law rented one of the campground trailers and had a great time doing some local watersports, visiting the town and campfires every night...

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Four kids, fifteen grandkids and two great grandkids. I feel very blessed to have had opportunities to make memories with them.

·
That Guy
11,504 Posts
Wooooh what make those two grandkids greater then the other 15 man talk about picking favorite.

Looks like you had a great time this summer. I do miss our camper.

Reactions: 2edgesword
1 - 5 of 5 Posts