Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just sold my 26 inch ruger all weather over and under shot gun.I had suffolk supply take care of all the ffl paperwork. Mark is great to deal with. i wanted to replace the shotgun and have been looking for the past few weeks. After reading all the good comments about the camp-site sport shop on this site I took a ride. Glad I did. The folks in the shop where very help full. I did purchase a shot gun from them.
So for me it was worth the trip. ;)
Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
771 Posts
Called Campsite Thursday to ask about the availabiltiy of a Henry pump-action .22 rifle. Said they had it in stock so I asked if they could put it aside for me and I'd be in Friday to get it. I have only been there once before so they really don't know me from the next person, yet they reserved the rifle for me, to me that's good service. Got there Friday early afternoon, not sure of the names of the two fellows who helped me but they were both very friendly and helpful. Made me feel very welcome in their store. Campsite is MY place for guns and ammo.

I had gone to Sports Authority in Bohemia a couple of weeks ago. Asked the guy behind the counter if I could see the Ruger 10/22. Guy had an attitude, I thought, and my friend thought the same. Seemed annoyed he had to unlock the cable that goes through the trigger guards. He asked to see my drivers license first, which I thought odd. This has never happened to me in other gun/sports stores. I am 56 years old, 6' 7", 240 lbs., and don't think I look under 21 (maybe I should be flattered?). Anyway, he hands me the Ruger and right away tells me not to point the muzzle at the customers. WTF! I didn't even have it in my hands yet. I felt insulted and wanted to tell him to 'eff off', but decided not to make a scene, so I walked out empty handed. As it was I didn't like the feel of the Ruger (too short and light for me), but the store lost a potential sale because of their employee. A good salesman knows how to convince a customer they can't live without the items they are selling.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
he is not the regular guy that works there I know both of the ones who work there and this dose not sound like any of them Rob is the younger of the two and very knowledgeable about the guns and fishing Steve is A little older and also knows his guns and there both very friendly
Papabear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.