Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had "Cabin Fever" today and decided to look for a few odds and ends. Went to the Camp-Site in Huntington Station and started looking. The items I was looking for where the type you'd probably have to order from a large mail order company. The staff was helpful and polite. Even though they weren't sure if they had the stuff I needed, they certainly searched for it. I needed a tube of Flitz Polish and even though they didn't have it, the salesman said they had a used tube in the back that their gunsmith used and he'd be happy to polish my gun if I brought it in for free. When is the last time you heard any store offer service like that. They have a large inventory of handgun and long guns with lots of accessories. I'm hooked, and when I decide to add another gun to my collection they're getting first shot (no pun intended). Nice store, nice people and nice stuff, what more could you ask for? Check them out....

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Campsite is a great place to do business. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Capt Will:
Campsite has carried FLitz in the past. They are a great store and bend over backwards to help you out.

BTW: Aid Auto across the street from Campsite is gone. I went there last week to buy some oil and the whole place is cleaned out. There wasn't a sign in the window indicating that they had moved to another location either.
Bummer.

·
Itch 'em and scratch 'em
516 Posts
I've heard great things about campsite so I thought I'd give it a try. Went there yesterday. Called ahead to see if they had a Daniel defense lpk for an ar-15 build I'm working on. They had one. I drove down just to see if it was what others have said it is. Needless to say, everyone was friendly, helpful and courteous.
They introduced themselves, shook my hand and smiled. They had even put the dd lpk aside so I would get it-without me asking them to do so. I spent $150 there and was happy to do so. Great store!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I dropped over 2k on a R700P + scope and accessories there. Doug Hansen is the man! Remembered me many months after when I brought the rifle back for a gunsmithing job. When my handgun license is approved, they will be getting my business for it without a doubt

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Captain Will said:
Everybody loves CampSite. FWIW I think they have Flitz in the little packs across the street at the auto parts store.
Flitz rocks, it's great for cleaning those nasty powder burns that Hoppes has no effect on.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Always like stopping at Campsite. Friendly service and a lot of inventory.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Flitz is good stuff but keep in mind it is an abrasive.

Pep Boys, NAPA, etc. will carry it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.