Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Boarded buildings and bullet-ridden walls: Inside one of America's most dangerous cities
where nearly everyone is a victim of crime

- Camden is the most dangerous city in New Jersey, where there are nearly 2,000 violent
crimes recorded every year

- There have been a number of high-profile murders in the last two weeks, including a
25-year-old and twin brothers, 26

- Gordon Donovan photographed some of the US's most dangerous cities but thought Camden
had worst reputation"

See pics: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3214507/Boarded-buildings-bullet-ridden-walls-Pictures-dark-underbelly-one-America-s-dangerous-cities.html

According to Instapundit: "Frederick Von Nieda was Camden's last Republican Mayor - he
served until 1936."

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
No way!
Haven't had a Republican run city in over 75 years and they're not a liberal utopia?
That must make them unique. Unique like Baltimore and Detroit which are peaceful liberal cities of joy,peace and racial harmony.

Here's the top 10 cities ( 2014)in crime with population over 200,000. ( Camden has only 76,000)
2000 violent crimes for a population of 76000 is a pretty nasty rate
Tell me if you catch any commonality in the top 10 crime ridden crapholes, sorry, I mean cities.
  • Detroit, MI - Mayor Mike Duggan - DEMOCRAT
  • Oakland, CA - Mayor Jean Quan - DEMOCRAT
  • Memphis, TN - Mayor A C Wharton - DEMOCRAT
  • St. Louis, MO - Mayor Francis G. Slay - DEMOCRAT
  • Cleveland, OH - Mayor Frank G. Jackson - DEMOCRAT
  • Baltimore, MD - Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake - DEMOCRAT
  • Milwaukee, WI - Mayor Tom Barrett - DEMOCRAT
  • Birmingham, AL - Mayor William A. Bell - DEMOCRAT
  • Newark, NJ - Mayor Ras Baraka - DEMOCRAT
  • Kansas City, MO - Mayor Sly James - Independent (but probably a DEMOCRAT)
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/democrats-run-highest-crime-cities-america

·
Registered
554 Posts
Those are all shining examples of how the so-called black leadership and the democrap party have screwed the law-abiding minorities. Playing the victim and race cards along with the enabling of the democrats have doomed these cities and their citizens to being victims of the un-checked criminal behavior.

Reactions: NRATC53

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Well if we all kick in a couple bucks we could probably buy a couple of city blocks and just sit on it till some hipsters think it's a cool place to live and decide to move into the area...profit.
Doesn't work.
The Hipsters moved into places in NY after the crime dropped because of aggressive quality of life police enforcement.
You know, the stuff that liberals hate.
The hipsters won't move into an area until the police ( those cruel Neanderthal unenlightened racists ) make it safe for them.

That doen't happen in Democrat run crime infested cities.

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
I was in Camden earlier this summer for my son's scout trip. Many streets were closed due to a concert so my GPS was useless. I got lost in a rather unsavory part of town with three scouts in my car. A friend who grew up in Camden warned me to be careful. I think this is what she was talking about.

Once I made it to the waterfront, which is beautiful, the police presence was extremely strong and they let us pass and guided us from check point to check point until we made it to the parking lot designated for our encampment. On the way back the next day the police were gone, so were the street closures but at noon there was nobody on the street, just groups of people at select few corners. It looked like a ghost town. Granted, I was exposed only to certain parts of the town, but I have no desire to ever go back there.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,061 Posts
I lived and worked in downtown Camden for three years in the height of the crack years in the 80's.

Chester Pennsylvania, just across the river immediately south of Philadelphia, is a lot worse; a nonworkers paradise of a Democrat controlled wasteland of crime and government benefits. The same high school was built, leveled and re-built twice in 35 years due to intentional damage. Nothing survives but government services buildings and jails.
ETA: Chester just built a major league soccer stadium for your entertainment pleasure.

·
Registered
26,480 Posts
No way!
Haven't had a Republican run city in over 75 years and they're not a liberal utopia?
That must make them unique. Unique like Baltimore and Detroit which are peaceful liberal cities of joy,peace and racial harmony.

Here's the top 10 cities ( 2014)in crime with population over 200,000. ( Camden has only 76,000)
Tell me if you catch any commonality in the top 10 crime ridden crapholes, sorry, I mean cities.
http://www.truthrevo...-cities-america
I think I see a trend here!

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
i would like to visit the Battleship New Jersey but its at the end of Martin Luther King Blvd. you know that its in a ship hole with streets named that...I would hate to drive all the way there and have to go through a strip search just to visit the musem....

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
No way!

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/democrats-run-highest-crime-cities-america
Re-elect DeBlasio, and after 8 years of his leadership NYC will probably be on that list.

I went through Camden once visiting the USS New Jersey. Beautiful summer day, we took the wrong turn over the bridge from Philly and immediately felt...uncomfortable. My buddy said, "Roll 'em up!" as he hit the gas.

Reactions: Licence to Quilt

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Re-elect DeBlasio, and after 8 years of his leadership NYC will probably be on that list.

I went through Camden once visiting the USS New Jersey. Beautiful summer day, we took the wrong turn over the bridge from Philly and immediately felt...uncomfortable. My buddy said, "Roll 'em up!" as he hit the gas.
You really think DeBlassio needs a full 8 years to do that?

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
I really enjoyed visit the battleship. It is a great experience. If you have kids, go for the overnight visit. You get to try flight simulators, you get a really thorough tour of the ship, and if you are lucky as I was, you get to fire the cannon (not live ammunition, of course - salutation round only). It was awesome! Unfortunately I cannot upload a video.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
I lived and worked in downtown Camden for three years in the height of the crack years in the 80's.

Chester Pennsylvania, just across the river immediately south of Philadelphia, is a lot worse; a nonworkers paradise of a Democrat controlled wasteland of crime and government benefits. The same high school was built, leveled and re-built twice in 35 years due to intentional damage. Nothing survives but government services buildings and jails.
ETA: Chester just built a major league soccer stadium for your entertainment pleasure.
I worked Camden for a number of years. Riversharks Stadium next to the Ben Franklin bridge, rough area.

·
8,061 Posts
Campbell's Soup is still operating in Camden.
Shocked its still there. I lived a block away, between it and the Ben Franklin bridge. As a starving intern in the Camden DA's office I used to buy cases of dented cans of soup and Beefaroni to live on. A dollar a case.

·
Banned
17,097 Posts
Shocked its still there. I lived a block away, between it and the Ben Franklin bridge. As a starving intern in the Camden DA's office I used to buy cases of dented cans of soup and Beefaroni to live on. A dollar a case.
Isn't Beefaroni a Chef Boyardee product? I didn't know they were a Campbell's product.

But I do remember being a 17 year old kid with his own apartment making a can of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli last for two meals.

I still eat it every now and again.

·
8,061 Posts
Isn't Beefaroni a Chef Boyardee product? I didn't know they were a Campbell's product.

But I do remember being a 17 year old kid with his own apartment making a can of Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli last for two meals.

I still eat it every now and again.
Campbells made their own version of it..

http://bayanistore.c...-14.75-oz..html

I'm getting hungry too. Pork and beans anyone?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.