Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok been to Calverton many times but have never really noticed too many kids around. I am taking my daughter there and one of my freinds asked if he could bring his kid. My daughter is almost 15 so I know she is G2G. He knows his kid can't shoot obviously because he is under 12 but the question is can he even bring him there to watch? Kid is 6 btw....

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I see kids there most times. The wife and I went this past Monday and we were saying the place was chock full of critters. The guy next to us had his two young daughters and there were probably about 15 maybe more kids. As long as the kids listen to you and you keep an eye on them it will be good time for all. I like seeing kids there, it's expanding the pro gun Americans we desperately need for the future of the USA.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
At age 6 both my kids were really well behaved. But they were very curious and had the attention span of a 6 year old. Keeping an eye on them in crowded places was necessary. I would have been way too distracted thinking about them to be able to shoot.

Every kid is different though. Perhaps during the week when it's not crowded it could work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies, kid listens well and gonna bring the truck so we can just toss him in the back of the bed and let him watch.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I took my son's there when they were 9 and 15 to shoot. They had to practiced and demonstrated firearm safety with the air soft Glock, Beretta, Colt revolver, and AR15 at home. We had minivan so was able to back up to spot we used, and we went towards end of day. My 9 year old opted out when we got to Calverton, and preferred to watch, but my 15 year old loved it. Took my G17, Colt, PPKS, and Remington 1200 12g. We had a blast. When my 9 year old turned 12, he asked to go along and shot my Mossberg 16g, which I gave to him on his 14th bday. But he took to the pistols like a duck to water, and was deadly accurate with the FS92, by the time he was 16. In his photography class he submitted a photo where he was able to get a close up and catch the round with gases and flame as it left the barrel. His teacher thought it was a cool photo. Today both my sons love to skeet and recreational shoot when ever the chance arises.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.