Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed a FFL emailed upstate for a trade i made, So I called and the noise in the place was so loud from people just talking BS that I had to repeat myself 8 times. Then 5 mins latter I get a call back ,can't do it. Has to be faxed or mailed. ( I asked them two weeks ago to do this) The gun came in and is waiting to be shipped,I am not waiting for the post office with Christmas near. So I called Camp-site ,Shawn took the info in a professional manner and the Upstate dealer said he got it in 5 mins.

( Trade was for a Ruger New Vaquaro 5.5 stainless 45LC 2 boxes of ammo and some nice wood grips from ebay straight up for a brand new Glock 20sf) I paid for shipping down $18

Has anyone been in since ???? Left, my mind just went blank.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Campsite to the rescue! I know there are other good shops on the island but when the likes of Shawn, Doug and Jonathon take care of you like they do, why go anywhere else? Glad everything worked out for you, enjoy the new pistola!

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
mickeyblueyes said:
I needed a FFL emailed upstate for a trade i made, So I called and the noise in the place was so loud from people just talking BS that I had to repeat myself 8 times. Then 5 mins latter I get a call back ,can't do it. Has to be faxed or mailed. ( I asked them two weeks ago to do this) The gun came in and is waiting to be shipped,I am not waiting for the post office with Christmas near. So I called Camp-site ,Shawn took the info in a professional manner and the Upstate dealer said he got it in 5 mins.

( Trade was for a Ruger New Vaquaro 5.5 stainless 45LC 2 boxes of ammo and some nice wood grips from ebay straight up for a brand new Glock 20sf) I paid for shipping down $18

Has anyone been in since ???? Left, my mind just went blank.
Under new ownership (I heard). Maybe it's newbie ownership bumps?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Skope said:
Campsite to the rescue! I know there are other good shops on the island but when the likes of Shawn, Doug and Jonathon take care of you like they do, why go anywhere else? Glad everything worked out for you, enjoy the new pistola!
I can't agree more! I feel like family there! The new guy (forgot his name at the moment) is good shit too.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
I have done two transfers with the new owners. Very Positive experiences. And they are amongst the cheapest fees on long Island. And they are right down the block from SCPD.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
pgm888 said:
I have done two transfers with the new owners. Very Positive experiences. And they are amongst the cheapest fees on long Island. And they are right down the block from SCPD.
What are the new owners charging ?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I also have done 2 handgun transfers this past month at suffolk, $45 each and with no problems.
They even did some adjustments on a gun with no charge.

·
Sharp Shooter!
330 Posts
Yes, Please tell what the fees are ...?

·
INFIDEL
7,263 Posts
They still charge $45

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
pgm888 said:
Huh? went there today to send out a cheapo revolver...After writing it all up, they tell me its 90 bucks to send the gun out!!! 45 for ffl, 45 for PO...I send stuff out through the po almost every day, easily fit in a 12.00 shipping box...$200 insurance, 3-5 bux, 15-17.00 TOPS!...picked up my stuff and walked out....guess who isn't getting ANY of my business anymore??...no recomendations either...previous owner Marks was great and reasonable....some people just dont get it.....I had to go to nassau anyway so I bring pistol with me...always wanted to check out South Shore Sportsman since so much good has been said about it here...well, great shop, loaded with just about everything even though relatively small..had very good prices too!...cost for transfer??? 50 bux plus tax!! Thats the way to get repeat customers!!! Do these people think we dont talk????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.