Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Call his office, yes. You will be on the phone with staff, not the Congressman. Abuse whoever you are on the phone with and it solidifies their view of us as yahoos and knuckleheads.
A point made intelligently and respectfully may not sway them but it also will not further alienate us to the electeds.
Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i hope he reads his twitter the twit. what a douchebag,

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Guys, guys, guys....it isn't about the facts, it's about getting the guns (or the ammo). Facts are meaningless when its for the children.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Call his office, yes. You will be on the phone with staff, not the Congressman. Abuse whoever you are on the phone with and it solidifies their view of us as yahoos and knuckleheads.
A point made intelligently and respectfully may not sway them but it also will not further alienate us to the electeds.
Just my $.02
their minds have already been made up. Weather we are actual Neanderthals or cerebrals the bottom line is we as gun owners are targeted and labeled scumbags, criminals etc etc.... So I say call them out anyway you can!!!

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,932 Posts
Call his office, yes... Abuse whoever you are on the phone with and it solidifies their view of us as yahoos and knuckleheads.

Just my $.02
I'm just going to leave this here...

dis·a·buse
ˌdisəˈbyo͞oz/
verb
persuade (someone) that an idea or belief is mistaken.
"he quickly disabused me of my fanciful notions"
synonyms: disillusion about, undeceive about, set straight on/about, open someone's eyes about, correct on, enlighten on/about, disenchant about, shatter someone's illusions about
"it isn't easy to disabuse people of something they've been taught to believe in"

·
Registered
803 Posts
How do the police officers in pictures like this allow themselves to be used in this manner? Do politicians just find the corrupt cops who have no regard for their oath? Are these men coerced into participating in things like this out of fear of loosing their jobs? Traitorous politicians don't surprise me anymore. Its the stooges they find to help expand their propaganda machine that I can't understand.

·
Registered
713 Posts
You can't change a liberals mind because they act with emotion not logic.
The only thing they care about is getting voted in again so just make sure to tell them you are a one issue voter and that there are more of us every day in that district....that usually is the most you can do.

The gun control debate is an emotional one. not one based on logic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts