Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
The law, AB144, makes it a misdemeanor to carry an exposed and unloaded gun in a public place.

So when you buy a guy and walk to your car with it you break the law?

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
The law, AB144, makes it a misdemeanor to carry an exposed and unloaded gun in a public place.

Paul

·
Registered
549 Posts
lynyrd said:

Paul
The gun wouldn't be exposed if you just bought it. That's what cases are for. But I wouldn't put it past them to try and make a law stating that you can't transport a gun in public even if it's unloaded and locked in a case.

·
Registered
549 Posts
lynyrd said:

Paul
The gun wouldn't be exposed if you just bought it. That's what cases are for. But I wouldn't put it past them to try and make a law stating that you can't transport a gun in public even if it's unloaded and locked in a case.

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
lynyrd said:

Paul
I guess you have to wrap it in Hello Kitty paper, or something like that

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
lynyrd said:

Paul
I guess you have to wrap it in Hello Kitty paper, or something like that

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
Personally, I think that we should be pushing for a required open carry law across the United States.

Every person above the age of majority would be required by law to carry a firearm at all times, unless barred from doing so by mental incapacity or physical disability. Yeah, it might get a little bit Dodge City for a while, but I think that society would be better off in the long run if your survival depended on how polite you were to every one around you.

·
AMF YOYO
3,602 Posts
Personally, I think that we should be pushing for a required open carry law across the United States.

Every person above the age of majority would be required by law to carry a firearm at all times, unless barred from doing so by mental incapacity or physical disability. Yeah, it might get a little bit Dodge City for a while, but I think that society would be better off in the long run if your survival depended on how polite you were to every one around you.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Myrcinus said:

Ah, a Robert Heinlein fan.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Myrcinus said:

Ah, a Robert Heinlein fan.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quoted from Myrcinus
"society would be better off in the long run if your survival depended on how polite you were to every one around you."

An S&W does more to promote politeness than a copy of Emily Post.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quoted from Myrcinus
"society would be better off in the long run if your survival depended on how polite you were to every one around you."

An S&W does more to promote politeness than a copy of Emily Post.

·
Registered
723 Posts
From what I researched, Open Carry was allowed in California, as long as the firearm was unloaded.  Seems a little odd to me......... Why would you open carry unloaded.........??

·
Registered
723 Posts
From what I researched, Open Carry was allowed in California, as long as the firearm was unloaded.  Seems a little odd to me......... Why would you open carry unloaded.........??

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Wasn't there a legal decision in the last year or so that a ban on CCW is constitutional if a State has open carry?  This could come back to really bite CA.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
Wasn't there a legal decision in the last year or so that a ban on CCW is constitutional if a State has open carry?  This could come back to really bite CA.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Oh the irony... They outlaw carrying a gun in the open, when it is a well known fact the overwhelming majority (99.99999999%) of criminals take great efforts to conceal weapons from view.

California is soooo stupid.... Oh wait, so is New York. Damn.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Oh the irony... They outlaw carrying a gun in the open, when it is a well known fact the overwhelming majority (99.99999999%) of criminals take great efforts to conceal weapons from view.

California is soooo stupid.... Oh wait, so is New York. Damn.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.