Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or use a calendar app that allows more than 1 person to add to it? The woman and I would like to have a shared calendar so we can both add and view from our phones, but the standard iPhone calendar doesnt seem to have this option.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Do you each have Google accounts? You can create multiple calendars in Google, and share individual events, or even entire calendars.
With your gmail account syncing your calendar to your iphone, you can then see the events in your phone.

I keep a bunch separate calendars with related items. One for family stuff, and another for the kid's school events. Those I share with my wife. Also a calendar for the cars (when the inspections and registrations are due, etc.). And another for birthdays. Then I have a calendar for seasonal tasks around the house, and another for gardening tasks. Not shared. Then several for work (on my office's Exchange server, but on the iPhone, they all look the same).

If you go to https://www.google.com/calendar, you can then turn on and off particular calendars, to only view the group of events you are interested in seeing (and see them in weekly, monthly, and list/agenda views too).

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We do both use google for email, but we both have iphones. Do we need the Google Calendar app? Or can this go through the Apple Calendar app? The goal would be able to add things to our calendar from our phones, and have it show up on the other persons as well.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Agree with the gmail option. My research showed numerous positive reviews for it. Flexible, sharable and multi platform.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I don't use any of the Google apps, but that can work if you like them.

I HAVE the gmail app, but I don't use it normally. I only use it when I feel the urge to mark something in my gmail as spam (the native Apple mail app cannot do that).

I just use the mail and calendar builtin apps. Part of my reason for not using 3rd party apps (like google) though is that I want a seamless view of all of my accounts. I have two Exchange accounts at work (one for my company, and another I need in my job contracting for a customer), plus a personal IMAP account, and my google account.

If you go to settings-mail contacts calendars, and then choose your google account, just turn on the switch for calendars, and your google calendar will be synced with the built-in calendar app.

Within http://www.google.com/calendar, look at My Calendars. Use the pull down, and select settings.
From there, you can add calendars, and setup sharing.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Dont have the app but elsewherre it is click on "calendars " the "settings " you will see sharing option. Just need her email. She will get msg/invite to accept.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Looks like you have to actually go online to share, the app doesnt have the options in its settings
yeah like I said I use browsers (I dont like the app concept) so i be just going to my gmail acct then clicking on the calendar icon. I think once you get going you will like it. A reminder to make your calendars private otherwise other folks on gmail can see them.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont use the gmail app because I have so many different emails, exchange for work, gmail for personal, yahoo for personal business, and aol for craigslist buy/sell, its easier to use the iphone mail app the keep everything in 1 place. But keeping track of plans, appointments, etc is def the weakest part of both of our organizational skills.

·
Registered
141 Posts
We use iCloud family sharing. It lets you share purchases between accounts, help the other find a lost phone, and shares a calendar quite well. You get notified every time the other makes a change. If you use Apple music instead of paying $10 each you only pay 15 for both.

Google monetizes your Calendar by knowing your location. If you already both have iPhones its a no brainer.

Edit: If it's not on the calendar it doesn't exist is our motto.

·
Premium Member
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been using the Google Calendar app for a week now and we like it a lot except one huge pet peeve, the date on the icon always says the 31st. Is there a way to change that? The apple app always showed the current day.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Been using the Google Calendar app for a week now and we like it a lot except one huge pet peeve, the date on the icon always says the 31st. Is there a way to change that? The apple app always showed the current day.
Don't have an iPhone but it's the same on android. Pretty sure there is no way to change on either.

ETA: That was one of the most noticeable differences when I switched from iPhone to Android, I forgot about it until you said something. You'll get used to it I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,555 Posts
My wife and I use the Calendar app on our Apple devices and it bridges all our devices including PCs (through iCloud.com), BUT it works because I purposely registered all Apple devices with my iTunes account for ease of music sharing, downloading, etc.

She has her own telephone number of course, Mail, Messages, Notes, etc., but the Calendar and Reminders apps (we use for shopping lists, To-Do lists, X-mas lists, etc.), and Music library (cloud access, etc.) are shared across all iPads, iPhones and PCs/laptops... not only is the Calendar sharing convenient, but the Reminders app is great for shopping lists, etc... when someone adds something to the list or removes it after purchasing it, the list updates so we don't have to ask each other "did you pick this up..."

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Anyone have or use a calendar app that allows more than 1 person to add to it? The woman and I would like to have a shared calendar so we can both add and view from our phones, but the standard iPhone calendar doesnt seem to have this option.
What if you have several women to share with?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.