Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bud's guns seems to be an odd website for some reason. I can't tell if its an action site, a reseller, etc.

I was looking to pick up the MArlin 795 10 round mags ($14 instead of $20 at midway), but wanted to know what the deal was.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I bought from them years ago.  Had no issues with the sale, they shipped to my FFL promptly and the price was the best out there at the time.  The sell both new and used firearms, and have a few up on auction too.

·
Premium Member
7,346 Posts
they wont ship rifles (and maybe other items as well) to Nassau/Suffolk.. I wrote them a very polite e-mail when I purchased a .22 (and subsequently had them cancel my order) explaining that the rifle was perfectly legal and that they could call my FFL etc..

It is a reputable place but i'm slightly peeved that they dont ship to us.. maybe several more polite e-mails will help...

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sucks! They have good prices, but for now I wanted to just pick up the mags. I might give them a buzz tomorrow or their next business time and go from there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They had a great price on a  shotgun I just bought, they communicate at every step of the way and they had my FFL's license on file.   I'll update when I have the gun in hand.   So far so good.  

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In addition to emailing them 3 weeks ago and not getting an answer (but getting a promo email, so I know they got my email). I have tried calling them on three different days and 3 different times of the day, during their posted hours. No answer. I was planning to buy 3 mags for my rifle from them, but frankly, it doesn't seem like they want business.

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts

·
Accurizer
887 Posts
nyguns said:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/shipping.php

Suffolk seems ok but Nassau is in the red. Look at the bottom of link. :-/
Based on their website, they seem to think that Nassau county is part of NYC.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I tried to order a CX 4 Storm carbine from them and they will NOT do business with Nassau/Suffolk counties called them on the phone and explained the law to them still would not ship mailed back my money I went to talk to my FFL about this and he agreed the gun was NY legal and he guessed it was most likely they got burned by someone or they are afraid of mayor mike. :(

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I ordered a shotgun from Bud's just over a week ago and I picked it up today from my FFL. Price was good and transaction went smoothly. I live  in Suffolk County. Bud's will ship to Suffolk, but not Nassau County. I don't know why they treat  Nassau county as part of NYC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.