Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, fellow LIFers. My uncle is willing to part with his practically-never-shot Colt 1911 Mark IV Series 80, which he's owned since he bought it new. He says it's never been fired, but I'm sure a few rounds have been sent down the tube. Anyway, he doesn't want to set a price, and I have no idea what to offer. I'd like to pay him the fair value, without overpaying (like I would do nowadays at a gun store, I imagine). Can anyone give me some idea what to offer? I've checked Gunbroker and the prices are so varied it's hard to narrow it down. Thanks for your advice!

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
What year was it made?
Blued, Stainless, Royal Blued?
Original box and paper work?

I would say between $700-$900 depending on the questions above.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, and sorry for the vague description. No original box or papers. Blued. Very clean and tight. Not sure of the year it was made...just called him as I was typing reply...serial no. 96758B70.

·
Premium Member
7,130 Posts
Check the auction sites to get an idea of what used ones are going for. Then offer him 10-20% less.

·
III%
1,882 Posts
if you are serious about finding out what year the colts are made.. you can call 1-800-962-2658 and give them your serial number.. they tell you free of charge.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts