Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Phumb,

To simplify it, some generations of the G22 were having failures with lights attached to the rails because the frame flexed too much in recoil. In an attempt to rectify that problem, Glock came out with a newly designed frame that was less flexible. Unfortunately, this was too much of a good thing and now some G22s were having failures regardless of whether a light was attached or not.

Glock's "solution" to the problem is to use the new magazine with the #8 follower. Both the magazine body and the follower were modified. Unfortunately, it appears this is not a 100% fix, and some people are still reporting problems even when the new magazines are used.

I don't know what frame you have on your pistol, but if it has been reliable for you then you're probably good to go as long as you don't go hanging any lights on it. If you DO decide to hang a light on it, make sure you shoot it extensively to verify proper operation.

V/R
Mike

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
awesome, thanks mike!  I'm GUESSING I have an older police trade in...bought used...i'd get rid of it in a heartbeat if I thought it would fail..it just shoots! and accurate too!

G

·
What I take from that article is that Mr. Glock seems guilty of incompetent leadership. I don't see a criminalistic pattern on the part of Gaston Glock, but he sure seems to attract the shady characters; perhaps Mr. Glock is a touch on the shady side himself.

Funny, I remember back in the days when I was a bit shady; I was surrounded by shady characters. Since turning my back on the shady ways, I relly don't know; nor have I associated with a shady character for decades...go figure.

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
phumb said:
awesome, thanks mike! I'm GUESSING I have an older police trade in...bought used...i'd get rid of it in a heartbeat if I thought it would fail..it just shoots! and accurate too!
So my G22 (4th Gen RTF) with the glock light attached which is my next to the bed, HD weapon of choice, is possibly not as reliable as I think?

I have shot maybe 300-400 through it with the light attached, to acclimate myself and the gun, with the light attached. :idunno

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I don't care what gun you have, there is always the possibility of a fail to fire.  We have had that happen with factory fresh 135 grain 40 caliber in our H&K's.  Some times the primer fails to ignite.  I have seen this about 10 times in 6 years.  Considering we go through about 800,000 to 1 million rounds a year it is an extremely small percentage but it can happen.  That being said, if you have had no problems I wouldn't worry about it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts