Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Bushnell scope not holding zero?

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kayfouroh 
#1 ·
The Bushnell scope on my Savage Axis .308 is not holding zero. I have a laser boresight that I use to zero it in as close as I can get, but after one or two shots, I am far off the mark, requiring yet another zeroing. Example: I print my targets on 8.5"x11" paper, and sight the scope in at 30 yards, the first one or two shots hit the mark, but after that I pretty much need to aim off paper to hit it.

Am I doing something wrong?

#2 ·
If you have checked that the rings and receiver mount are tight, then there is a good possibilty the scope is defective. Also, make sure the action is tight in the stock.

Was the scope part of a package? If so, it is probably a Banner series if you're lucky, or possibly a Sportsman series, which is the next step down. They are Bushnell's bottom end.

I had a scope that came in a package deal on a Rem 700. It was a Rem branded Chinese POS. The first one, 3-4 people couldn't zero. With a boresighter, you could see the reticle move side to side when zooming in or out. The second one, the reticle was tilted, out of the box. The replacement never came out of the box.

Moral of the story: don't expect miracles from cheap glass. Personally, I'm done with them. I got tired of swapping scopes over and over.

#6 ·
Thanks guys -- this was a package deal with the rifle, so it was pre-mounted. I will check the rings, but I am just guessing it's a low-end glass. It's a 3-9x40, couldn't pull up any model #. I am thinking it's the Sportsman series.

The package was for the Savage Axis XP.

And missing paper @ 30 yards IS definitely an issue, although I am no expert marksman, but come on... 30 yds?

I will get in touch with Bushnell today. Thanks everyone :)

#8 ·
Thanks guys! I just picked up my scope from UPS and it WAS repaired.

IJ POINT OF AIM SHIFT / JUMP
AA ADJUST ASSEMBLY
RZ RE-CENTER RETICLE
CA CLEAN AND ADJUST
AP ADJUST PARALAX
IP INSPECTED/TESTED/MEETS SPE

Can anyone tell me what was wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.