Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering picking one up. Has anyone tried it, or have any feedback on it? The 332 seems to get good reviews, I believe the 536 was just released in January.

·
Bocce & Bullets - Booyah!
2,516 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Burris scopes AR-332 or 536? How are they made, perform, value for dollar if you can't afford EOTech?

Should you also use a AR- Tripler magnifier or fast fire red-dot?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have the AR-332 and like it a lot. Built very well and offers a few mil-dot options for different ranges. I have not really used it to its full potential to give you a full report; however, for the money it works very well.

I should note one issue I do have with it, being a 3x fixed I did have some trouble with it shooting at very close range targets in a 3 gun match last year….the stage had targets at 10 feet away and acquiring those target was not easy due to the magnification.

However, I was also able to hit 12-inch steel gongs at 200 yards no problem while sighted in at 25 yards!
oh, and I was in the same boat as you, could not afford the EOtech at the time, but happy with my choice.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool, thanks for the info Mafia! The 5X fixed magnification looks perfect for a 100 to 200yrd shooter. The other scope i was looking at was the self proclaimed "ultimate ar15 scope", but i figured i'd spend a little more and get somthing better.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally received this scope today. It's bigger than i expected and has some weight to it. Probably won't be able to play with it for another week or two, but some initial thoughts; The glass is very nice, crystal clear. The retical has several brightness settings, which is a nice feature. The retical is however, smaller than i was expecting and it's hard to see any dots. Also the eye relief, while isn't bad, isn't super either, my nose is literally 2/12 inches from the charging handle of my AR. haha. Anyone have the 332 and notice this? haha.
Will report some more when i actually fire the old AR up.

·
Bocce & Bullets - Booyah!
2,516 Posts
These are still back ordered and I am waiting for one to come in. Anyone been using this lately? Feedback?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
vandamwtc said:
Finally received this scope today. It's bigger than i expected and has some weight to it. Probably won't be able to play with it for another week or two, but some initial thoughts; The glass is very nice, crystal clear. The retical has several brightness settings, which is a nice feature. The retical is however, smaller than i was expecting and it's hard to see any dots. Also the eye relief, while isn't bad, isn't super either, my nose is literally 2/12 inches from the charging handle of my AR. haha. Anyone have the 332 and notice this? haha.
Will report some more when i actually fire the old AR up.
I'll have to look at this eye relief when I get home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts