Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KEARNS -- Prosecutors must decide whether a Kearns homeowner acted in self-defense when he shot and killed an apparent burglar in the middle of the night.

Lawyer: State law will likely protect homeowner

A local attorney and author believes the homeowner will not be charged with a crime. Mitch Vilos says Utah's self-defense statute allows someone "to use deadly force to prevent the commission of a forcible felony; and burglary is a forcible felony."

Vilos encourages all gun owners to brush up on the law. He says Utah has one of the strongest home-defense laws in the nation

More here:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13192165

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
I like how at the bottom is the Google image of where this man lives. I guess privacy is not a concern?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Sounds like a clean shoot - Even the other perp backs the home owners story.
As usual, Parents had no idea, he was a good kid etc etc. It is sad that the kid diesd, however his organs are being donated so that is a good thing.

Home Owner lives
Perp Dead

I see no issue here, except in the article they refer to howmeonwers as "gun-toting homeowner" with a negative tone.

Can't a person just defend his life and property? Guess not.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Unfortunately, in New York, we have 2 extremely uphill battles. You see, just getting reasonable carry rights is rather meaningless  unless we can establish a legitimate "Castle Doctrine" in NYS.

·
Banned
2,674 Posts
In NY, it would have read "Gun Nut Homeowner Murders Alleged Thief, Terrorizes Partner with Assault Weapon!"

·
Grand Poobah
21,170 Posts
Quoted from guyver0313

In NY, it would have read "Gun Nut Homeowner Murders Teen, Terrorizes Teen's younger friend with Assault Weapon with a 600 round ammunition clip loaded with cop killer exploding bullets"

SteveG said:
Fixed it for you
I think it needed just a little more fixing

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
Aquabach said:
Quoted from guyver0313

In NY, it would have read "Blood Thirsty Gun Nut Homeowner Murders Honor Student Teen, Terrorizes Teen's younger friend with Assault Weapon with a 600 round ammunition clip loaded with cop killer exploding bullets"

A little more fixing :)

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
If we know where he lives we should send him a Gold Membership and a couple more boxes of ammo.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
WOW. If that same exact fact pattern occured here in the Republik of New Yorkistan, the home owner's life would be over. The criminal did not even make it into the house, let alone begin a rape, murder, etc... attempt.

Here, you fire a warning shot because there are gang members on your front lawn and it is going to the grand jury.

I bet the guy gets to keep his other guns while the investigation is on going. Here, you fart into the wind and your license is gone. I hate this liberal sinkhole.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
See, to me, if criminals know that there is a high probability of getting killed if you try to break into a house, most will simply not make an attempt.  There will be those criminals who do anyway and then you really need a firerarm, because they don't care.

·
Gun guru (poseur)
6,177 Posts
CJ said:
Quoted from Aquabach
Quoted from guyver0313

In NY, it would have read "Blood Thirsty Gun Nut Homeowner Murders Honor Student Teen, Terrorizes Teen's younger friend with automatic Assault Weapon with a 600 round ammunition clip loaded with cop killer exploding bullets"

A little more fixing :)
A little little more

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
Regardless of the turnout, I have a daughter and my wife and after seeing what happened in Connecticut.  I wouldn't hesitate for a second.  When it comes down to your family being raped and burned or the scumbag getting shot; laws don't apply.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.