Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Bulk Liquor for Wedding

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  tidriver 
#1 ·
My son and his fiancé are planning their wedding and they want to purchase the liquor for the affair themselves. Does anyone know a place where they can buy liquor in bulk for decent prices?

#2 ·
yeah, the Cayman Islands....no tax.

#3 ·
New Hampshire?

My dad was in the liquor business (a wholesaler salesman) and I worked in the business myself half a lifetime ago...and there's no place I know of where you can buy booze at wholesale prices, unless you do it on the qt.

I'd go into one of the big stores and tell them what you want and ask them for case discounts (works best for wine) and see what you get. Also check out Costco in other states..they have good liquor at good prices....just not in NY. The state regulates the business pretty closely, and always has.

I gotta ask...how many people are you inviting and where is it going to be that you're going to need a lot of booze? If you're buying a mixed case or two, you'll not find too many bargins, I think. For case lots, you may get a store to deal.

(My son is getting married in Washington state in June...and we're driving down to Oregon to buy wine and liquor there as the prices are significantly lower and no state sales tax...saving the 9% or so alone is worth the trip.)

#10 ·
Mail order. Order enough and the shipping cost will be easily offset. Bought a case of scotch for $15 less per bottle, that's $180 savings for the case and not paying nys tax easily offset the shipping. Although, The cheaper the liquor the less u save.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.