Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
OathKeeper/NRA Life Member/Instructor/Appleseed Sh
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Springfield Armory Loaded M1A from BudsGunshop.com. Not long after I receive a call that they can only ship California compliant M1A's to New York. Of course I question this as I know a standard post ban M1A is legal in New York as long as it ships with a 10 round magazine (which the one I purchased did). The Girl on the phone was very nice and said she has to talk to her supervisor. After returning she told me that New york gunshops were not accepting shipment of non-California-compliant guns.
Well I went to Bensons shortly afterward and noticed they only had California Compliant M1A's on the shelf. I asked him if he could get the one I wanted, (P/N ma9222 Walnut stock NM trigger, NM Chrome-moly Barrel and NM sights). He said he could order it, but he had no idea how long it would take. His price was also almost $300 more than Buds. The buds price was $1570 + $45 FFL at campsite. $1900 for the same exact Gun at Bensons.
I left a $100 deposit at bensons with no idea when it will be delivered but I can't help but feel I can do "a lot" better.

CH

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
its a long gun, you could have had it sent to a dealer in PA

·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all out of stock... Thanks though.

CH

·
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what I'll do is goto campsite and ask them to call buds and verify that they will accept delivery. See how that works out. Even if Bensons kept my deposit I'd be almost $200 better off. Don't get me wrong, I would rather give a local shop my business but $300 is a lot of civic resposibility.

CH

·
Registered
272 Posts
CharlieHotel said:
I ordered a Springfield Armory Loaded M1A from BudsGunshop.com. Not long after I receive a call that they can only ship California compliant M1A's to New York. Of course I question this as I know a standard post ban M1A is legal in New York as long as it ships with a 10 round magazine (which the one I purchased did). The Girl on the phone was very nice and said she has to talk to her supervisor. After returning she told me that New york gunshops were not accepting shipment of non-California-compliant guns.
Well I went to Bensons shortly afterward and noticed they only had California Compliant M1A's on the shelf. I asked him if he could get the one I wanted, (P/N ma9222 Walnut stock NM trigger, NM Chrome-moly Barrel and NM sights). He said he could order it, but he had no idea how long it would take. His price was also almost $300 more than Buds. The buds price was $1570 + $45 FFL at campsite. $1900 for the same exact Gun at Bensons.
I left a $100 deposit at bensons with no idea when it will be delivered but I can't help but feel I can do "a lot" better.

CH
You sure can, I wouldn't spend a dime at Benson's, If no one else has it I'll go without

·
Gunecologist
2,261 Posts
American Outdoor Sports will accept transfers from Bud's. I just had a rifle sent in and it was a flawless transaction.
Free shipping from Bud's made it a real money saver.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just go to LRB here on LI and get one with USGI parts. May be a wait though, still after one of their m25 recievers.

Or buy used, Springfield has a lifetime warranty and I picked up my loaded for 3 figures off the m14 forum.

·
Registered
272 Posts
wreckhog said:
Bensons has to collect $150 saes tax on the gun. Vs almost no sales tax on a transfer ($4). Could it be that tax is half of the $300 difference?
Bensons charges more for everything they sell and will offer you much less than the competition on everything they buy used and that's a fact.

$10 or $20 more is no big deal but $300 more for the same rifle, I'd walk.

G

·
I don't know if they changed their policy. Back when I lived in Fascistville,  Bensons would not do a transfer for a gun they could get or stock he wanted 175.00 more for a gsg-5

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never heard of sales tax being collected on an out-of-state purchase.
It is up to the purchaser to submit tax to NYS.
Spoke to AOS and they routinely charge $35.00 for a transfer, but if you show your LIF membership card, they will charge only $25.00 which I think is very fair.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Secondamendmentbeliever said:
I don't know if they changed their policy. Back when I lived in Fascistville, Bensons would not do a transfer for a gun they could get or stock he wanted 175.00 more for a gsg-5
As of 3 months ago it was still like that. They will not act as an FFL for a new gun that they can order. That may sound like buisness logic because if they won't FFL it then you would have to order from them but in that case I would just find another FFL and they would get no $$$. To each's own I guess. I like dealing with them when the price is right.

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
Buds sucks. They absolutely will not ship to a Nassau billing address (unless they goof and break their own rule), and they will not take back defective guns.

I'll spend my money elsewhere, even if I have to spend more of it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Muscle31 said:
And you find that strange that a Gun shop in Kentucky discriminates against NY? Them some Good Ole boys in Kentucky.
Did ya know that the tooth brush was invented in Kentucky, Yep it's fact, and I know because if it was invented anywhere else it would have been named a "Teeth Brush"

ha,ha,ha,ha.

The National Highway Safety Administration installed black boxes in the 2010 - 2011 trucks to monitor what was discussed in the cab directly before serious accidents. In 49 out of the 50 US States prior to the collision they heard the phrase "Oh Shit". But in Kentucky prior to the collision they heard "Hold My Beer and Watch This",

ha,ha,ha,ha,

Just kidding with these. I have a family member that moved to Kentucky for her job so I'm hearing all the Kentucky Red Neck jokes.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
RFB308 said:
Never heard of sales tax being collected on an out-of-state purchase.
It is up to the purchaser to submit tax to NYS.
Spoke to AOS and they routinely charge $35.00 for a transfer, but if you show your LIF membership card, they will charge only $25.00 which I think is very fair.
Ever order from Amazon? Just ordered a used wetsuit from them (betting myself that it is a new return) and was charged tax. Tracking shows it coming from out of state.

Anyway, buying from Bensons is a local purchase, ordering from Buds is an out of state purchase.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.