Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with Buds Guns?

I have always bought locally, so I have never dealt with buying over the web and doing the FFL thing… Anyways this guy seems to have some decent stuff for the price.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
As with all online firearm shops; remember to factor in shipping and FFL costs into the overall cost.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
If you can get them to respond to repeated polite and well written emails and calls, I have heard they are good to deal with. However, since I couldn't get through I wasn't able to spend money there. Just one person's experience.

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
They don't ship to us NY residents in Nassau County though.

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I had my eye on a police trade S&W 4586 DAO 45acp, Buds was blowing them out for $259 shipped.

Key work was had, by the time I made the call yesterday they were all gone...

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
I've dealt with them on numerous occassions.

Great prices, fast shipped and great customer service.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hi All,

First time poster...love this forum! Is there a sticky anywhere with the FFL transfer fees for each local dealer? I see some great deals every now and then online on new and used pistols, but have no idea if that's even worth it if the local fees are really high. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Have bought from them in the past, but their policy is no shipping to NY anymore. I have absolutely no idea what makes a dealer decide to stop shipping here. I believe they are sadly misinformed about the legalities of our state.
TJ

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
Banzai said:
Hi All,

First time poster...love this forum! Is there a sticky anywhere with the FFL transfer fees for each local dealer? I see some great deals every now and then online on new and used pistols, but have no idea if that's even worth it if the local fees are really high. Thanks!
Transfer fees at a local FFL are $25-40 each transfer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
TJ Ironhorse said:
Have bought from them in the past, but their policy is no shipping to NY anymore. I have absolutely no idea what makes a dealer decide to stop shipping here. I believe they are sadly misinformed about the legalities of our state.
TJ
That's very upsetting to hear, I also had been eyeing some things up on there :-/

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
TJ Ironhorse said:
TJ
Scroll down to NY map.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/shipping.php

They ship to Rockland, Westchester, supposedly to Suffolk, but not Nassau. :shrug

I think their knowledge of geography is somehow lacking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They Do NOT ship to Suffolk. I was about to purchase 2 colt commanders from them last year and they informed they will not sell to me because of my proximity to NYC??? I got pissed and told them id spend my money elsewhere.

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That blows.  I guess Mayor Mike scared them off.

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
Captain Will said:
What does the guy in Mt. Vernon charge for FFL transfer? It's only about 15 minutes over the bridge.
But according to Bud's your mailing address would also need to be in Mt. Vernon.

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From Bud's site

Shipping to New York State:
We ship all NY legal firearms to select counties in upper New York state, shown on this map in green:

We do NOT ship to the counties in red. In fact, your billing address must not be in any of these counties:

Bronx
Kings
Nassau
New York
Queens
Richmond

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts
I just spent 25 minutes on hold to ask them why they don't ship to Nassau...the answer I was given was...."It's the owner's prerogative"....I even explained that Nassau is NOT in NYC.....the man replied that the owner "fought hard" to get to ship to the rest of NY"

Oh, well...their loss

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.