Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to pick up a browning a-bolt composite stalker in .300winmag.
Found a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X50 for $319
Any specific bi-pod I should be looking for? And any disagreement with the scope selection?

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
Itgoesbang said:
Going to pick up a browning a-bolt composite stalker in .300winmag.
Found a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X50 for $319
Any specific bi-pod I should be looking for? And any disagreement with the scope selection?
I have the A bolt stainless stalker I have a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x50mm Silver Duplex Riflescope on Leupold rings I love that gun I got it with the BOSS and took my first shoot at a deer this year just as shooting loght faded and what a flash

·
Registered
716 Posts
Great scope but price seems slightly high. I would think 239 or 249 for that magnification

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I have 2 monarks great scopes i think the price is a little high for the buckmaster look around the internet i think
i paid
around 359 for a monarck 2.5 to 10 x42 about a year ago

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quick update:  Bought the rifle yesterday. Found a scope at sports authority nikon buckmaster 4.5-14X40 for $309.  The most expensive rings they have are $10.99 . So im going to look elsewhere for the rings. Any recommendations in suffolk so I dont have to wait for shipping...

·
Sharp Shooter!
469 Posts
I have 6 a-bolt rifles 4 of them have the boss. I hear they dont make them with the boss anymore not sure if that is true though. Great rifle no complaints. For a little more money you can get a zeiss conquest 3x9x40 they clarity of those things is incredible but the nikon is also a great scope but i think the price is too high for a buckmaster i have 2 silver monarchs and they were both cheaper than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.