Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone to brookhaven on a Thursday when they are open late...My buddy told me about it.. I might check it out.But iv never been there...How is it around that time.Busy, do a lot of people go? I would like to go but if its packed out I don't know if it makes sense.

·
Older Budweiser
2,222 Posts
Has not been busy. Bring everyone that is willing to go. If the turnout continues to be dismal they may not continue it. We need more people to come down and enjoy shooting targets under the lights, it is a great time. Bring what you want to eat, they have a grill going and you can cook whatever you want to, although they usually cook for everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
I have enough trouble hitting them in the daylight.
Maybe I'll do better if I can't see them so good.
How late they open?

Reactions: brirodg

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Nothing like seeing the cloud of dust from a clay hang in the lights on a windless night. This is especially true at station 8 if you put the pattern on it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I would like to go but my shotgun is a short barrel. It's my understanding that that's not so good for skeet.
"not so good" Yes, it's less than ideal. But don't let it stop you. Shells are cheap and nobody cares if you hit 7 out of 25. It's still a good reason to get out of the house. I have a bunch of friends that have 18" barrels on the one shotgun they own and I drag them out there all the time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would like to go but my shotgun is a short barrel. It's my understanding that that's not so good for skeet.
Your better off then most of my buddys. They don't even own shotguns!

Say, does brookhaven mind if a group of 2 or 3 people share a shotgun? I'd love to get some friends into skeet or trap.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Your better off then most of my buddys. They don't even own shotguns!

Say, does brookhaven mind if a group of 2 or 3 people share a shotgun? I'd love to get some friends into skeet or trap.
That would be fine for skeet but not for trap. It would disrupt any rhythm during the round. This would piss off some trap shooters if they were part of your group.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts