Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Calverton National Cemetery and there is a stretch of 25 closed off by emergency vehicles with a detour through the residential neighborhood south of 25. The closed stretch is either side of the range entrance and the EMS vehicles are right in front of the entrance. Anyone know what happened. I hope there wasn't an incident at the range.

·
Click Clack BANG BANG
3,933 Posts
A woman on a bike was hit by a car in front of the range. I heard the whole thing happen. Shooters comimg in said she lost her life per body bag on scene.

Nothing to do with firearms

Edit = condolences to the family who lost a loved one...especially on mothers day

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
11,589 Posts

·
Click Clack BANG BANG
3,933 Posts
bicycle or motorcycle?

i don't see anything on the news 12 website.
Bicycle. All this info is per a few gentlemen at the range telling me as they came in and said "they saw the incident'

·
Banned
1,023 Posts
Boy...as I was leaving the range, the police had just gotten there and and I was forced to head east on Route 25. Horrible...RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
What a shame. R.I.P. to the woman.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Horrible, especially on mother's day. The girlfriend and I were exploring the area around our new apartment and we passed a road they had closed. Wondered why they closed it until we came around to the other end of it, motorcycle on the ground in 729447 pieces and a bag in the street. Such a shame

·
Click Clack BANG BANG
3,933 Posts
Horrible, especially on mother's day. The girlfriend and I were exploring the area around our new apartment and we passed a road they had closed. Wondered why they closed it until we came around to the other end of it, motorcycle on the ground in 729447 pieces and a bag in the street. Such a shame
It was a motorcycle??? I thought it was a bicycle

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
It was a motorcycle??? I thought it was a bicycle
I'm sorry, my story was completely separate from the OP's. just highlighted how dangerous it is for all people on bikes, motorized or not

Reactions: brick631squad

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So sad. When we stopped at the florist they told us it was a pedestrian accident. From the activity it was clear there was a fatality. How very sad.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts