Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a broken refrigerator. I looked through some old posts where people were asking for a good appliance repair person but I did not see any recommendations in Eastern Suffolk South Shore area. Any recommendations would be helpful as my brussels sprouts are becoming less delicious by the minute!!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
No matter how cold they were, they were never good. They're Brussels sprouts.
Careful there buster! Brussel Sprouts are my favorite veggie. Each is like a little ball of happiness!

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
Do it your self faster and cheaper.
Just do a search I fix mine for the cost of the part and it has work fine ever since.
Google the make and model and the problem and you will most likely find the answer there a part store on sunrise that has like every part.

·
I'm a Michigander now.
5,119 Posts
How do you know it's broken? When was the last time you vacuumed the condensor? If caked with dust, will give you grief.

Check the door switch. Does the light go out? No? Fridge most likely working. 40 watt light staying on will heat up a fridge. Yes. Go to next...

Is there frost on the bottom of the back wall of fridge? Yes? Defrost function failed. Internal timer maybe got hung up. Might be wasted. Pull back panel and get hair dryer on it. Reassemble and wait for next cycle. If no defrost again you found your problem.

Just some common easy to trouble shoot stuff. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just took a picture of the make and model information on the inside of the fridge. I'm going to start my research the only problem is I don't have time to sit around and play with this thing. If it seems to be a pretty straightforward repair and I will do it. If not...

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
What's wrong with the fridge? I have an older GE that keep's blowing it's defrost heater every 2 years or so. Compressor would freeze up and stop cooling. Cost me $125 to have it replaced once. Since then I just go online and buy the part for $20 and replace it myself whenever it happens.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
My GE blow the starter relay or some thingy like that and I change it worked.

·
Banned
19,459 Posts
The only thing I've ever had to replace on any of mine are thermostat bulbs and icemakers. If it's simply not getting cold at all, probably the thermostat. Depending on the age and replacement cost of the fridge, it may the only problem that is "worth" repairing. Sure if you have a $6K Sub-Z it's worthwhile to change a compressor (it's on top, conveniently) but if it's a 15 year old $400 LG, not so much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.