Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my scope from all the dust it gathered and while I was cleaning it, I thought there was a piece of glass over the crosshairs and I took a Q-tip to wipe the dust from there.  Little did I know that there was NO glass there and I ended up breaking the crosshairs.  Is this repairable?  Thanks!!

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
22,005 Posts
YUP! Toss the scope, it's a gonner. Unless it used to be an expensive Leupold, or something.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, theres no name on it, so therefore I shall toss it!  Looks like im getting a new one! Thanks

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
Etched? They used to use spider web to make crosshairs. It is still something similar. Leupold will change out a reticle for something like $100. and most any scope maker will fix or more likely, replace, a busted scope.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CommackBoy said:
How can you even touch cross hairs on the scope??? Shouldn't that part be inside, etched on a glass?
Nope. I unscrewed the eyepiece and there they were. The are like extremely thin wire.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
No name on it... probably not worth what it cost to start with....  but if you want to waste some time it could be taken apart and 're-wired'  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts