Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever draw back there bow and just let go and feel a sting after releasing it? Well i have and this is the end result.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone ever draw back there bow and just let go and feel a sting after releasing it? Well i have and this is the end result.

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
oooooooooh, I've been there before. I really sucks when it swells up after you do it, and then you hit it again!

·
Banned
6,423 Posts
oooooooooh, I've been there before. I really sucks when it swells up after you do it, and then you hit it again!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M14BULLETTS said:
YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT

YOU SHOULD NEVER DRY FIRE A BOW ----BAD THINGS HAPPEN
Stop yelling at me!!! Jp, didnt dry fire the bow. Arm was in the way of the string and after the release it swelled a little bit. Then two days later i did it again and that was an end result. This will make an interesting story for my bowhunters class at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M14BULLETTS said:
YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT

YOU SHOULD NEVER DRY FIRE A BOW ----BAD THINGS HAPPEN
Stop yelling at me!!! Jp, didnt dry fire the bow. Arm was in the way of the string and after the release it swelled a little bit. Then two days later i did it again and that was an end result. This will make an interesting story for my bowhunters class at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gunsngolf said:
Been there too see above post.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gunsngolf said:
Been there too see above post.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
eastplayer87 said:
Gene refuses to shut off his caps lock key. weshouldshowhimhowridiculousablatantdisregardforgrammarlooks.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
eastplayer87 said:
Gene refuses to shut off his caps lock key. weshouldshowhimhowridiculousablatantdisregardforgrammarlooks.

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
1,359 Posts
My wife shoots long bow and re-curve. On top of being transparent white/Scottish, it looks like domestic abuse after she sends some arrows through the air!  She now wears a guard to prevent that from happening.

·
Husband, Father, Chef, Gun Guy
1,359 Posts
My wife shoots long bow and re-curve. On top of being transparent white/Scottish, it looks like domestic abuse after she sends some arrows through the air!  She now wears a guard to prevent that from happening.

·
Moved to Texas!!
2,260 Posts
East player, I guess you know this now but your arm holding the bow should never be straight and locked.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ehh watsup doc? Didnt hurt just stung, and arm guards are for people who dont remember to keep proper form when shooting. Same thing with rifles, improper form=injury.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I all ways were my arm gard.Not that i need to I neve had the string slap my are at any time I just waer it for the extra protection
papabear

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
More people should wear protection. .... While engaging in outdoor sports that is. Actually at Calverton this weekend i noticed many shooters not wearing glasses and a few without hearing protection. My father is over 80 years old and still shoots a recurve. Never saw him with a guard.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts