Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bow that I got some years ago and basically never used. Hoyt Raptor Carbonite with the P3 module. Appears set for 60#+70# and 29"

I can barely draw this bow and holding it is not much fun either. I am 5'11", 185lbs, and out of shape.

I understand that this is a slow bow, but somewhat forgiving for a beginner.

I think that I want a big youth bow. Good for beginner, cheap, 45#, 80% letoff, 28"-29", but still in the same speed range as my Raptor, does such a thing exist?

The motivation is going to the backyard and shooting with my brother in law.

·
Banned
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have bow that I got some years ago and basically never used. Hoyt Raptor Carbonite with the P3 module. Appears set for 60#+70# and 29"

I can barely draw this bow and holding it is not much fun either. I am 5'11", 185lbs, and out of shape.

I understand that this is a slow bow, but somewhat forgiving for a beginner.

I think that I want a big youth bow. Good for beginner, cheap, 45#, 80% letoff, 28"-29", but still in the same speed range as my Raptor, does such a thing exist?

The motivation is going to the backyard and shooting with my brother in law.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Mad Russian said:
You can turn the bow down to a lower draw, or take it to a shop and have them adjust it.
Yep... run it down to 60 pounds (should be about 4 turns from tight) shoot four or five arrows every day, you'll gain strength quickly enough..

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
Mad Russian said:
You can turn the bow down to a lower draw, or take it to a shop and have them adjust it.
Yep... run it down to 60 pounds (should be about 4 turns from tight) shoot four or five arrows every day, you'll gain strength quickly enough..

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
bring the bow to Dave in Smith point archery in patchogue he will turn it down for you if you do it wrong you can damage the bow to where the limbs can blow out
papabear

Smith Point Archery
215 E Main St
Patchogue, NY 11772-3173
631-289-3399 (Phone)

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
bring the bow to Dave in Smith point archery in patchogue he will turn it down for you if you do it wrong you can damage the bow to where the limbs can blow out
papabear

Smith Point Archery
215 E Main St
Patchogue, NY 11772-3173
631-289-3399 (Phone)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.