Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a G19 Gen4 in OD, and I started researching the changes from Gen3 to Gen4 and I happen to notice that the front of the slide around the hole for the recoil spring looks very thin and delicate compared to the Gen3. It's thinner on the Gen4 because the recoil spring is wider so the gun needs a larger hole. I have seen pictures of high mileage Glocks and there is sometimes a crack around the recoil spring hole even on the Gen3, but then again we are talking about 200,000 round Glocks. Am I worrying over nothing? On another note, the metal around the recoil spring on my HK45c is built like a tank.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice!! I wouldn't worry about Ariel, Glock makes a quality product. You can go on Glock ID , it's a great resource for anything and everything Glock.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol. I haven't heard of a slide failure on Gen4 Glocks. I wouldn't worry about it, it isn't like the Gen 4 hasn't been put to the test over the last few years.

Reactions: Flipshot

·
Registered
596 Posts
+1 for the Gen4....not everyone loves them, but I love that grip texture......I "need" it, I feel it makes drawing easier...

I have heard the "lines" about the recoil-spring-hole being a little thin, just don't drop it!

Hunka hunka

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have the Glock 17 G4. No issues with abt 1,000 rounds through it. Congrats.

·
You Are the Resistance.
3,600 Posts
you'll also notice that that's a multiple spring in there- which dampens a lot of the shock that might other wise make that sections thickness a concern.

just go ahead and shoot the heck out of it- it's a GLOCK, not an heirloom. If it does crack there, GLOCK will make good.

·
Tactical Shrubbery!!
3,802 Posts
just go ahead and shoot the heck out of it- it's a GLOCK, not an heirloom. If it does crack there, GLOCK will make good.
This^^

Reactions: Ramone

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
+1 for the Gen4....not everyone loves them, but I love that grip texture......I "need" it, I feel it makes drawing easier...

I have heard the "lines" about the recoil-spring-hole being a little thin, just don't drop it!

Hunka hunka
lol, drop it all you want! Mine hit the floor in SSS and still works like a charm
No complaints whatsoever.

Enjoy and be safe Ariel. Congratulations.

·
Condition Zero
3,124 Posts
Congrats on the 2nd addition! As stated above, no need to worry about the Glock. Just enjoy and have fun!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Glock completely stands behind their product, so don't worry about it. If some issue arises over time, they'll do the right thing.. I like Sig Sauer too, but it's hard to beat a Glock for a little over half the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts